Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just Write {Decompress}

I pass through the kitchen with a big bag slung over my shoulder like Santa Claus, pausing at the base of the stairs for a listen.

Silence.

With the kiddos asleep all snug in their beds I proceed on to the living room, dropping the sack at the foot of the couch, as I collapse onto the feather-soft cushions.

Exhale.

Grabbing the remote that's stuck down between the cushions, I subconsciously maneuver to the DVR listings and press "Play" on my favorite show. Topping off my moment of relaxation and bliss, I reach into the front pocket on my grey hoodie and pull out a Cadbury mini egg (not to be confused with the larger, not nearly as delightful, Cadbury cream eggs) - one of my all time favorite treats. The hard sugar shell is smooth on my tongue and I let it sit there a moment before biting into the chocolatey goodness.

Bliss.

After a few moments of completely zoning out in a zombie-like state, I sit up and reach down to the bag on the floor. Pulling out some freshly washed diapers I can't resist burying my nose in their cleanliness. Considering they were once covered in poo, the freshness always amazes me.

I proceed to decompress. Stuffing and folding the fluffy pocket diapers, stacking them in colorful towers on the couch next to me. I alternate between getting lost in reality TV and getting lost in the thoughts in my head.

Did I remember to respond to that email today? Oh man, I can't forget to switch the laundry. Hmmmm...what should I have for lunch tomorrow? I really hope Landon isn't getting sick again.

This is my time. Some people go for a run. Some people bake a cake. I like to let my mind run wild and soak up some junk TV while folding laundry. It is my daily dose of decompressing.

Photobucket

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! "

Uh oh, some one is awake. Welcome to my life.




PS - Any Bachelor fans out there? What did ya think of the finale last night?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...