Journaling has been a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember. I'm pretty sure my first entry went something like this...
Dear Diary,The reason I say this is because I actually remember writing something like that. I was probably around 8 years old when I got my first diary, lock and all (& I actually thought that if I hid the key NO ONE could ever read the contents). I remember not knowing what I should write about, but thinking I was pretty dang cool. Later on as I aged, I kept it up. By the time high school came around, my journal was a critical part of my sanity. It was where I let all of my crazy teenage hormones and emotions run wild. (I still have all my journals and looking back on some of the things I wrote back in high school flat out scares me!) I probably kept a consistent journal for over 10 years...
Hi, my name is Ariel. I'm excited to write in you. My best friend is Jessica. My favorite food is pizza. I like school. I like to have fun.
Talk to you later!
And then I had kids.
Pretty sure my last journal entry (besides this here blog which is my new way of journaling) was when I was pregnant with Leila.
This is where my new favorite thing comes in! Meet Journal 10+...
Just scribble down a few sentences each day and, before you know it, you have a decade of memories and observations at your fingertips! Each "daily page" of the Journal 10+ offers room to write about one day - March 6th, say - every time it comes around from 2012 to 2022 (start any time in 2012). What fun to compare what was happening in your life on any given day as the years go by. The subject matter is totally up to you...record what you do or how you feel, what you eat or what you read, financial data or medical notes, local weather or world events - be creative! This convenient personal volume also offers sections for long-range planning, monthly overviews, addresses and phone numbers, and special dates. Bound in a durable leatherette cover, this unique diary will quickly become a treasured possession. (from the Journal 10+ website)This bad-ass journal is right up my alley. Seriously, all it takes is 2 minutes a day to write down whatever you want about that day. Then, as the years go by, those few words you wrote will bring back a flood of memories - LOVE it! Here's what I wrote yesterday...
Yep, I cut a little bit of my Lando-pie's hair!
Ya see how it works? Each day of the year has it's own page with entries for 2012 through 2022. So, on March 10, 2022 I'll be able to look back on all my March 10th entries and reminisce about Landon's 1st hair cut way back in 2012! Sure, I didn't write down all the details, but I don't need to. I'm sure that just this little tid-bit will be enough to bring me right back to the moment in our kitchen when Andy held him really still and I used plain old paper scissors to snip an extra long chunk of his hair off. :-)
Besides these cool daily entry pages, the Journal 10+ also has calendars, a special dates section, monthly overview pages, and my fave part... the goals/accomplishments section.
Seriously, why can't I ever spell exercise correctly?!
Since I obviously like goal-setting/dream-doing I'm excited about writing down my Dreams To Do each year and seeing what I actually accomplish. And then 10 years from now I'll be able to look back over all the years and hopefully see how far I've come! Love it!
I plan on keeping my Journal 10+ either right on my kitchen table or bedside so that I'll remember to jot a little note in it each day. I think it'll be fun to see how things progress over the next 10 years... especially since I know there will be a lot of changes going on around here. Man, I wish I would have started one of these back in high school!
If you're interested, you can buy Journal 10+ on their website OR from Amazon. This would seriously make a GREAT wedding or baby shower gift.
Leila Jade likes it, too!
The kind folks at Journal 10 sent me the Journal 10+ in return for this here review. All of the opinions contained within are truly my own.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!