I'm growing a baby. My body is working hard tackling a key dream on my "Dreams To Do" list. But because of this I have lost all motivation to tackle any other dreams. I wake up, shove something down my throat to hold the nausea at bay, get myself and my daughter ready for the day, drop her at daycare, head to work, work 9 hours, pick her up, fix dinner, bath time, Leila bed time, and then I am spent. At that point all I can think about (actually, all I've been thinking about all day) is crawling in bed and sleeping. Now do you understand why that quilt still consists of fabric that hasn't been sewn together? Why I still have a lengthy list of things to do with no progress? Why I'm lacking motivation? And to top it all off? I vomited for the first time tonight. I jinxed myself. I have been telling everyone (including myself) that this pregnancy has been so much easier than with Leila. And it has! But, maybe that is all about to change.
God give me the strength to fly into the second trimester and become myself again. I pray for my energy and excitement for life to return. And I know it will. It is only a matter of time.
But ya know what? I wouldn't trade this for anything. Maybe I'm slacking in other dream doing areas, but I'm living out my greatest dreams of all every day through Leila and the little peanut inside me.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!