Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Feeding the Beast

“I love you like a fat kid loves cake.” - 50 Cent

Photobucket

First off, I love the above quote. It reminds me of my hubby. He always says this to me and it makes me smile. :-)

Now on to the above pic. It is of my child's dinner tonight. The usual: mac n cheese, a fruit, and a veggie (usually mixed with cheese). The mac gets devoured along with the fruit. If I'm lucky she will try a bite of the veggies. Now, I have nothing against the above dinner. But, what do you do if this is pretty much all you can depend on for your child to eat? I'm not complaining about Leila being a picky eater. She is a touch "sensitive" I guess, but I have heard of some real picky eaters out there. However, I just wish she would friggin try other things! The main staples in her diet are cheese, any fruit, yogurt, cheese, bread, green beans & broccoli (if I'm lucky), cheese, and peanut butter. She LOVES cheese. She doesn't like meat. Occasionally she will take a bite of a chicken nugget, but that's it.

Sometimes I just feel like a lame mom for always whipping out the box of good ole Kraft (or, lately we have switched to the spendy organic stuff). It's just that I KNOW she will eat it. If I try to give her what we're eating, she usually just fusses and says "all done" until I get her out of the high chair. The next baby will eat everything, right? :-)

Anyone have any tips, tricks, ideas to get her to expand her palate?

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Smoothies! You can sneak some veggies (spinach!) in there and she'll get the nutrition in a yummy little drink (or a frozen pop during summer). Let me know if you want to some more details on this b/c I *heart* smoothies!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...