Sunday, April 3, 2011

Over the river and through the woods...

... to Grandmother's house we go! So, let me start by saying that I am super duper bummed that we forgot to bring our camera this weekend, otherwise I would have tons of great pics to share with you! This past weekend we packed up and headed out on the 1+ hour drive (yes, we actually crossed a river and drove through the woods) to my parents house to hang out with their doggy. The parentals are off visiting my bro in Colorado and Luna, their Australian Shepherd/Border Collie, is getting really old and she gets lonely when they are gone. My other bro is taking care of her (he lives very close to my parents), but we thought it would be fun to bring our Billy and take the dogs on some walks in the woods. You see, I grew up out in the middle of NO WHERE on 160 beautiful acres of mountains, trees, and ponds. Leila had a blast hiking up muddy dirt roads and I so wish I could show you what she looked like covered in mud! She was in heaven. That girl loves the great outdoors and would probably live outside if I let her.

Besides our little adventure into the wilderness, we just chillaxed at home. Funny stuff... on Sunday Andy was off running errands for an hour or so and I was SOOOOOOO tired (thanks to the little growing fetus, sucking the life out of me). I decided to lay in bed for a while and just let Leila play around me. As I drifted in and out of sleep (ok, maybe this was a bad mom move) I was surprised by how much my daughter can entertain herself. At one point I opened my eyes to find her in nothing but her diaper with two of her dads very mismatched socks on, pulled up to her thighs! Again, if I weren't being such a lazy ass I would have a great pic to share with you. Another time I awoke (seriously I was probably only asleep for maybe 5 minutes) to silence. Struck with panic I ran downstairs to find her sitting in the bathtub with all of the magnets off our fridge. I stayed awake after that - I swear. She really is such a good girl to let mommy rest like that!

Ok, here are the only pics I have to share with you from our adventurous weekend (sorry, nothing special)...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Our lawn turned green this week! Yay!
Photobucket

Remember the tulip from this post? Check her out now!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...