Monday, April 18, 2011

Is it bad that a 3 mile walk ruins me?

Actually it was 3.107 miles, okay?

Photobucket

Yesterday morning I participated in the Race for the Cure 5k walk in my home town. I've done it for the past 5 years and love, love, love the organization (Susan G. Komen for the Cure) and what they stand for. You see, I lost my Grammy and one of my childhood BFF's Momma to breast cancer. And I just love to support a good cause!

My beautiful friend, Ciara, pre-race.
Photobucket

On the move!
Photobucket

Anyway, back to 3 miles ruining me. I'm 13 weeks pregnant and I am out of shape. Sure, I look fine (even though I weigh as much as I did when I was 20+ weeks preggo with Leila), but I don't excercise. And I hate this about myself! Yes I have "Take a Fitness Class" in my list of Dreams To Do, but getting preggo put a damper on this. They say you shouldn't start excercising too much after you get pregnant if you weren't already doing it beforehand. It's something I should have started a long time ago. Poo on me. Now, I don't think I'm completely worthless. I do go on walks and I do chase after a busy toddler in the evenings and on the weekends. I felt great during and right after the Race yesterday. And then it hit me.

About 2 hours after I got home from the Race I felt like I could nap for days. I pretty much was worthless for the rest of the day. Eating a lot and lounging around. I went to bed at like 8:30 last night and slept great. Today I feel like crapola. Headache and can barely keep my eyes open. Maybe this is just baby having his/her way with me, or maybe a measley 3 mile walk really takes me days to recover from.

A single pink balloon to represent a life lost to breast cancer.
Photobucket

The rest of our weekend? We (I mean hubster) did yardwork, went to birthday parties, played with the super loud new alarm on our car (see last post), and took Leila Jade to Sears for some fun Springtime pics! She was friggin adorable in them! I wish I could show you, but we're cheap and didn't buy the CD, just a few prints. Oh, and I did go to the fabric store and buy the finishing touch for my little quilt! Now I just have to make myself start sewing.... hmmmmmmm...

Happy Monday! (trying to be positive here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...