...I think Friday is my favorite day of the week. Yes it sucks having to work, but I love the anticipation of the weekend. Everyone just seems happier and excited for 2 days of freedom ahead. Now Sundays are not my favorite.
...Our ghetto car got broken into (again) on Wednesday night. At 7:45am I was already running late for work, getting Leila strapped in our "fancy" car when Andy noticed our 1996 Acura Integra (my 1st car I got at age 16/17) had been broken into for the 2nd time in the past 2 months. They took the CD player (good for them - I think I paid $75 bucks for it back in 2001) and attempted to steal our ride. A random key was broken off in the ignition. Since the car was parked behind our 1 car garage which held the mom-mobile and we couldn't move the car because of the stupid jackasses who stuck a random key in the ignition, Andy and I went into panic mode figuring out how we would get to work. Long story short, we paid a locksmith $85 to take literally 2 seconds to pop the key out and we were on our merry way. I made it to work exactly an hour late. No biggie.
...Girls night makes me very happy. When my good friend Sheena lived in town we would have girls night every week at her house. Good food, good company, good gossip. Since she has moved away, we all see less and less of each other. Last night I hosted girls night at my place. Pizza and angel food cake and lots of kiddos and good times. Check out these little munchkins kickin it together:
...I have a busy weekend ahead. Two kiddo b-day parties, getting an alarm installed in our ghetto ride, and walking the Race for the Cure on Sunday morning. I also hope to throw a trip to the fabric store in there to get the missing link for my quilt. I have not given up hope on getting it done. :-)
...I never have been a fan of Spring. The mushy ground, the wetness, the chill in the air. BUT, I think I love Spring now. I love the anticipation for summer right around the corner. I love that we have our own home now and that there are our very own tulips popping up in our yard. I love that it isn't dark when I pick up Leila at daycare and we still have plenty of time to run around outside.
...My daughter is funny. Her new thing? Lining things up. Like these chairs for instance:
Happy Weekending All!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!