Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What's inside my bag...

One of my fave momma bloggers, Mandy at Harper's Happenings, blogged about what's inside her diaper bag today. It made me think 2 things...1) that's a fun post idea & 2) boy do I sure need to clean my purse out. Soooooooooo, I decided to hop on the bandwagon and make a short (and not so sweet) post about what's inside MY bag.

I'm not going to sugar coat this. I am going to show you the inside of my purse exactly as it fell on the table after I dumped it out. WARNING: it is not pretty. BUT, this may make you feel better about yourself and your purse situation. Looking at my life as an outsider, I may appear to have it all together, but hidden underneath I am a mess.

Check it out for yourself.

Pre-dump...
Photobucket

The goods...
Photobucket

So what was inside my bag?

  • Wallet from Urban Outfitters (it's kinda like this one)
  • iPhone
  • Keys
  • Clinique make-up: concealer, gloss, & lipstick (Almost Lipstick in Black Honey - my fave!)
  • $50 Nordstrom Gift Card (can you even believe I still have this from Xmas???)
  • Diaper
  • Pill case (empty)
  • Folding comb
  • Butterscotch candy
  • Random pens & coins
  • Ginger candy chews (great for morning sickness)
  • Taco Time gift card
  • Floss
  • Lipsmackers vanilla chapstick
  • Various crumpled up receipts and notes
  • Mint gum
  • Toy vending machine container
  • Hand sanitizer
  • Check book
  • Various crumbs and stale pretzel sticks

I got rid of about half of this crap and re-organized my situation into a brand new purse I had bought a couple of months ago (& was thinking about returning, but I only spent like $15 on it).

I feel so much better now!
Photobucket

This whole process of dumping my purse out and going through it and putting it in a new bag maybe took me like 7 minutes. So why did I wait so long? Who knows. BUT, I'm learning to just "get er done!" Stop procrastinating and do something. Baby steps for me.

I encourage you all to take a peek inside your bag and get organized! I'm serious, it makes you feel like a whole new woman.

:-)

2 comments:

  1. OMG that's so weird. I got a random and very rare impulse to clean out my purse literally 20 minutes before I read your blog! I'm so bad about stuffing receipts in the bottom of my purse-I had 8 crumpled up ones that I didn't need anymore. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! Yeah, before I read Mandy's blog post I had also been thinking about how bad I need to clean my bag out. Isn't it funny how that happens? I seriously feel so much better without that little bit of clutter in my life. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...