Friday, July 22, 2011

From Funk to Spunk!

Sometimes you just gotta sleep it off! Yesterday I was totally in a funk (which stemmed from a very intense pregnancy craving gone wrong when my hubby failed to buy the correct item from the store). I went to bed early, feeling grouchy and uncomfortable and unmotivated, just wanting the day to be over with. What do ya know? I awoke bright and early, before my alarm went off, and I am feeling spunky!

It's Friday, Friday, Gotta Get Down on FRIDAY!!! He He!
(I'm a nut, I know.)

Anyhoooooooooooooooooo... I decided to get over any hesitations and "what ifs" that have been holding me back over the past week and spend some money online today! Oh yeah!

Here's a little collage of what I purchased...

Photobucket

I am a baaaaaaaaaaaaadddddddddd girl! BUT, every item was purchased with good reason (let's just hope my hubby agrees once he sees this)...
  1. Me Stuff:  Old Navy is having a great deal today! An extra 30% off men and women's clothing with code "ONBIG30"...even clearance items! So, I got 3 basic maternity/nursing tanks, a pair of maternity capri jeans, and 2 pairs of leggings... all for $41 after tax! Pretty dang good, huh?
  2. Jewelry Making:  There's no turning back now! I just spent $200 to get my jewelry making dreams started. I ordered some wholesale sterling silver ball chains and various sizes of bezel cups. I paid more for sterling silver because I really want to create quality items (and I personally am allergic to crap metals). You will see much more on this in the future, once I get going.
  3. Baby Things:  Cotton Babies is having a killer deal on certain BumGenius cloth diapers right now. So, I ordered 6 newborn all-in-ones for $6 a piece - that's over half off! Plus, they have FREE shipping. I love free shipping. Total $ spent on CDing so far = approx. $66. I also purchased orange and blue minky dot fabric via Etsy to finish making some swaddling blankies for my little man. Can't wait to get my craft on!
So, maybe I did some damage to the ole bank account today, BUT at least I'm taking some initiative and making things happen! Baby steps! Now I just need to put what I bought to good use (won't have a problem doing that with the clothes at least... CDing, jewelry making, & sewing are still up in the air, though).

Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! It's so freeing to buy the supplies to need to take care of business!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...