Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Imagination

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope. Which is what I do, and that enables you to laugh at life's realities." - Dr. Seuss
My Daughter, The Surgeon
Photobucket

I think my daughter is going to be a surgeon when she grows up. Or at least some sort of doctor. She has always been super coordinated and pays really close attention to detail. I've thought this since she was 6 months old and would sit and carefully take a pen lid off and put it back on. Pretty good for a baby!

The last week has confirmed my prediction. Leila has discovered our little first aid kit (which made its first appearance here) and has developed an obsession with it. She has also started to really play "make believe." She will sit for over an hour in her room playing "doctor" with her babies. She cleans their little knees with baby wipes and puts band aids on them. She kisses their "owies." And then at night when it's time for bed, she clutches her first aid kit tight as she falls asleep.

Photobucket

The gloves crack me up!
Photobucket

Oh how I love this age - to see her imagination really developing! Isn't it funny how at some point most of us grow out of it? We lose our sense of imagination. I wish I could pinpoint the moment when I lost interest in playing with Barbies. Because I know that one day I played with them and the next day I didn't. Isn't it strange how that happens? Do any of you remember when you grew out of really "playing?"

I'm hoping that through my children I can get some of my imagination back. That I can be inspired by them to think in ways outside of reality. To escape a little through my mind. I miss those innocent childhood days!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...