With my hubby working all weekend, it was just me and my girl. I went into the weekend with plans of us spending some quality time at home working on the potty training. We started out Saturday morning, diving right on in! I whipped out some new Dora undies and Leila was stoked! She did a little happy dance when I put her in them and instantly wanted to see my undies, saying "Mama undies, too!" Then I proceeded to follow her around closely, knowing that an accident would occur at any moment. She sat on her potty every 20 minutes or so, but by the time noon rolled around we had gone through 3 pairs of undies (one with poo - EWWWW!) and had zero potties on the toilet. I was exhausted! After the poo I said "screw it!" with the undies and busted out the Pull-Ups. She was just as excited with those. I put her in bed for her nap, started singing her a lullaby and she jumped up saying, "Potty! Potty!" She crawled off her bed, and ran down the hall to her potty. I just lounged on her bed, waiting for her to return. After a couple minutes, I went and checked on her... she was mid-pee... in the potty!!! Momma lost it. I did a little happy dance and showered her with kisses! After that she took a SWEET 2.5 hour nap and I got my relax on!
Nothing like a cold, fizzy drink and a good gossip mag out in the sunshine...
I painted my toes, too! (Ewwwww... looks like I also effed up with the fake tanner - HA!)
And, Billy did some sun-bathing...
I know it's wrong, but I was so excited about that one pee in the potty that I kind of gave up after that. I mean, I just kept her in pull-ups most of the weekend and encouraged her to sit on the potty a lot, but I didn't push it. And, we had no more luck all weekend. But that's ok! I'm really not in a hurry for her to be potty trained...but, it would be nice!
Other than that, my weekend consisted of a walk in the park & lunch with my gal pals and shopping with my momma (again, I went crazy... hubby isn't too happy... but, it was mainly baby things!)
I will leave you with one last HILARIOUS potty pic...
Leila brushing her teeth on the potty while holding her favorite thing in the world, a first aid kit. And Billy in the background is the icing on the cake! HA!
Hope your weekend was as exciting as mine! ;-)
ugh. Can I just tell you how jealous I am?! We did the same thing all weekend. Put Harper in undies all day and put him on the pot often. (same potty, btw!) He just thought the whole thing was funny. We changed lots of pee undies and did lots of soaking up pee out of carpet with microfiber towels. But we NEVER got pee in the potty. jeal.ous. We even went to WalMart, my most hated place on earth, to get one of the seats that go on top of the toilet to see if he'd like that better. He was impressed that Tommy Choo Choo (thomas the train) was on his seat, but that's where it ended!
ReplyDeleteOh Rhonda, don't be jealous! It was seriously only 1 little pee. We have a looooooonnnnngggg ways to go. And it's super hard because she's at daycare so much and I'm not sure exactly how they handle the potty training thing. So Leila may be getting mixed signals, etc. I just hope we can make some progress before the next one arrives!
ReplyDelete