Sunday, July 17, 2011

Summer Brain

I've got a serious case of summer brain going on right now. You know, nothing on the mind but soakin' up the sun, sparkly water, cold drinks, relaxation with the fam. Today is just one of those days when I really can't take life seriously. If my hubby were to bring up finances or chores or anything serious and un-fun right now, I would walk away from him. All I want to do is this...

Chillaxing on our new hammock with a Sonic cherry limeade - HEAVEN on Earth!
Photobucket

And this is what life really is all about, right? Enjoying each little moment in its simplicity. Oh yeah!

Billy decided to crash my hammock party earlier today...
Photobucket

Along with the last couple of hours spent relaxing at home, our weekend consisted of a trip to our hometown for a family wedding. Leila insisted on bringing her baby and bear blankie everywhere with her. It was actually quite annoying at the wedding because she would take 2 steps and the baby would fall out of its carrier and she'd have to situate it all over again. Over and over again...

Beautiful garden at the wedding (and my baby obsessed little one)...
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Stunning wedding party...
Photobucket

Leila loves heading north to visit her grandmas and grandpas. We drove up Friday evening, leaving right at Leila's bed time. She conked out in the car and I assumed we would be able to transfer her into bed once we arrived at Andy's parents' house. Wrong! As soon as the car stopped her eyes opened up wide and she yelled, "Grandma & Grandpa!" Yeah, she didn't fall asleep until past 11pm that night. Too much excitement!

With a wonderful, summery weekend coming to a close I really hope I can transition from summer brain to work brain by tomorrow morning. The thought of work just makes me sick right now!

1 comment:

  1. Tyler & I were just talking about how lazy we've been! Gym? What's that? Laundry or cooking? Who needs it?? Happy hour and sunshine, yes please!!! I've chalked it up to a serious case of the mid-summer lazies, but we're just enjoying it. Summer isn't going to last long!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...