And look at how cute he is!
All about Landon Drew at, sniff sniff, 11 months old...
- Guess what? Big news! Landon is officially sleeping through the night! Dead serious! 7:30pm to around 6:30am without a peep! Okay, maybe sometimes he cries out in his sleep once or twice, but he doesn't wake up. I had forgotten how amazing a full night of sleep is. :-)
- He's still rockin' the gummy look - no teeth yet for this guy! Ha!
- Landon figured out how to crawl up stairs the other week. We didn't even realize it until we were in the kitchen and the next thing we knew, he was gone. Where did we find him? At the top of the stairs.
- His favorite things? Tastes of sissy's chocolate milk, putting things in cups, bath time, banging toys against our living room window, chasing Billy, rolling around on our bed, peek-a-boo.
- Bye, bye breast milk. Landon weaned himself last week. I'm glad that it was his choice, but I'm sad that it's over. Mixed emotions here.
- He's still battling some pretty nasty eczema. I hate having to use the steroid cream on him, so we just try to keep him really moisturized. It's so sad when he's just itching away at himself.
- I've said it before and I'll say it again, Landon is just the best baby! He's still just so good at going with the flow. He'll eat pretty much anything. He goes down to sleep like a champ. And now that he's sleeping through the night, I can say that he's pretty much perfection! Knocking on wood.
I love you baby boy! Even when you're one, and even when you're 41, you'll always be my baby!
What a handsome little guy... can't believe he'll be 1 next month!! Aww that is great that you were able to wean him from breastfeeding with it being his choice. I hope I am able to do the same with Alidia. Was it quite gradual? What were his last feeds to go?
ReplyDeleteHappy 11 months Landon! :)
They are totally on the same track. Legit, yesterday she was squirming and didn't want to BF. She has NEVER had formula before, but I gave her a bottle, and she gulped it up. Are you going to start adding in cow's milk slowly this month? That's what my pedi suggested. Uhm, I'm DYING over the fact that our babies will be one in less than a month. I may, or may not, have started crying when we went and put her bday party invites in the mailbox today.
ReplyDeleteLook at those chubby little thighs! I can't believe he is almost one!!
ReplyDeletewoohoo for sleeping through the night!!!
ReplyDeleteOh how I love those chubby thighs! I munch down on them at least once/day. :-)
ReplyDeleteYeah, we just bought our last couple things of formula (I refuse to buy any more) and then we're making the switch. Once he gets about half way through his last tub we'll probably start giving him some cow's milk, too.
ReplyDeleteThanks! His weaning was very gradual. Since I work full time outside the home (& away from my kiddos - so sad!), I pumped for a while at work, then stopped that and was only feeding him from the boob at night and in the mornings. Last month he decided he didn't want his night time breastfeeding session and last week he decided he didn't want the morning one. Keep it up for as long as you can momma! If I didn't work, I totally would. I'll be writing up a post on my experience breastfeeding right now! Exciting stuff! :-)
ReplyDelete