This past weekend was a working weekend for my hubby, so I was home with the kiddos. Throughout the summer we stayed very busy every weekend he had to work - there was just always something going on. But on this weekend, we had nothing planned. I found myself alone with my thoughts a lot, which can be a scary thing. I came to the conclusion that it isn't being alone with the kids that I have a problem with, it's being alone with myself.
Does that make any sense?
I think I'm just too hard on myself. I don't give myself enough credit for all that I do. Most of us don't. We compare ourselves to all the pretty people that we see on TV and online and we don't think we're doing enough. But, we are. I am.
So, mid laundry folding and kitchen cleaning while the kiddos napped, I stopped. I went outside and enjoyed the last tastes of summer we're probably going to get. And I took a few deep breaths and I yelled at myself (in my head) for being too hard on myself and for thinking too dang much.
Don't you wish we had a stop button for our brains? Oh man, I would use that thing all the time. :-)
End online therapy session with myself.
I can definitely be the same way. Good for you for taking a moment to go outside, tell your brain to quiet down, and enjoy the last moments of summer. Looks perfect!
ReplyDelete