Supplies (per purse)...
- 1 sheet of bright colored card stock (8.5x11)
- 1 sheet of fun patterned scrapbook paper
- 1 inch hole punch
- Spray adhesive (or maybe a glue stick, although I'm not sure how great it would hold?)
- Hot glue gun (but I couldn't find mine so I used E-6000)
- Optional: Distress Ink for the edges
What ya do...
1. Print out Mel Stampz Purse Box Template onto the sheet of card stock.
2. Cut the purse template out.
3. Glue the cut out purse onto the back of the scrapbook paper using tacky spray glue. I glued the template side down so that I wouldn't have any lines showing on the inside of my purse.
Is it weird that I do all of my DIY projects on my living room floor?
4. Once the glue is dry enough (only takes a minute or two with the tacky spray), cut around the purse template to remove the excess scrapbook paper.
5. Carefully fold the purse cutout in the necessary places and then glue it together. I used E-6000 glue because that's what I could find. I think it would have been easier to just use a glue gun.
6. Finally, you just need to punch out holes for the purse handles (or cut them out very carefully with an exacto knife). And if you want, use a little bit of distress ink to add some character to the edges of your adorable new desktop scrap paper holder.
Obviously, there are a bazillion uses for and options for decorating this little purse. Check out Mel's blog for some more inspiration. Can't wait to give one to Katie at work tomorrow! :-)
Cute! I do all my diy on my living room floor too. I'm working on headbands for baby!
ReplyDeleteYou're such a crafty mama!
ReplyDeleteFake it 'til you make it! :-)
ReplyDeleteYay for cute baby accessories!
ReplyDeleteWhat neat and pretty little project! I'm sure your friend loved it!
ReplyDelete