Friday, September 7, 2012

What a happy week!

TGIF! My favorite day of the week has arrived and I'm feeling extra spunky today. :-) It's always great going into a weekend where my hubby isn't working - time for some serious family time! Here are my "high five" moments of the week...

1.  Spoiling my kiddos. I took Leila & Landon to Build-A-Bear for the very 1st time - a 1st for all of us - and ended up spending a pretty penny. We made a bear to wear Landon's helmet since he's out of it now and Leila had a BLAST picking out her own furry friend along with an outfit and shoes and glasses and even a little bear blow dryer! Normally I wouldn't have gone as crazy as I did, letting her pick out whatever she wanted, but it doesn't happen often and it was a special little trip, just me and my children. I feel SO blessed to be able to do things like this with them when so many families out there can't. It is definitely not something I take for granted.

Photobucket

2.  Family BBQ. For Labor day my hubby utilized his bad ass Father's Day gift (tooting my own horn here!) to smoke us some ribs and chicken for an amazing family dinner. We had my parents and his parents over along with some of our siblings and their children. The weather was fabulous and it felt like the perfect "end" to summer.

Photobucket

3.  Soaking up the last of summer. I am loving the weather around here lately! This week it has been in the 80s during the day and dropping down to the 40s at night - the perfect mix of summer and fall. Here in the PNW about 2/3 of the year is spent in cooler temps, so we want the warmth to stick around as long as possible! That being said, the transition from summer to fall is always bittersweet... a mix of sadness over the end of long, sunny days and excitement for all things pumpkin. Still haven't allowed myself a pumpkin spice latte yet even though my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Photobucket

4.  A new date night ritual with my hubby. I recently made a formal decision and a promise to Andy that I would devote every Friday night to him. This doesn't necessarily mean big plans, it just means that once the kiddos are in bed, I won't do housework and I won't blog or get on the computer. I will devote my time to doing something with him. We kicked off this new tradition with ice cream sandwiches and The Vow (my pick). I love that my hubby is perfectly ok with me drooling over Channing Tatum. Ha! I'm looking forward to week 2 tonight.

Photobucket

5.  Some clarity. I had a little bit of an epiphany about what I want to pursue in my life earlier this week: I want to open an online store of some sort. I've always thought that I wanted to make and sell jewelry online, but the truth is that I'm just too lazy to spend a bunch of time making jewelry and then trying to sell it. I would rather just find a product (that's already made) that I can sell. The stars are aligning in different areas of my life that are pointing me in this direction. I'll spare you the details for now. I don't know what I will sell and I don't have a time line. I just know that my Dreams To Do list needs some serious revamping and that little by little I am figuring myself out. More to come on this, I'm sure. :-)

Happy weekending my friends!

Linking up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk today. One of my fave link-ups!

4 comments:

  1. all of these photos are adorable!
    happy friday!xoxo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad Friday is here and that you had a good week! I've never been to build-a-bear but guess I need to try it out soon, huh?! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Build A Bear was def FUN for Leila, but it gets spendy fast with all of the little pieces of clothing and accessories. Hope you are enjoying your weekend, too!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...