In honor of the end of Landon's babyhood (okay, not really, but it kinda feels like it) I decided to compile a little list of my favorite baby products. These are things that I would highly recommend to any new parent. Makes me wanna have another baby!
1. Ergo Baby Carrier - With Leila, all I had was a Baby Bjorn. With Landon I splurged on the Ergo and OMG, what a difference! Worth every single penny! This is the reason I survived so long without a double stroller. And he still loves to be carried in it. Probably my favorite baby thing of all.
2. Cloud b Sleep Sheep (travel size) - This is a little plush sheep that plays white noise like rain falling and ocean waves. I had the full size version with Leila and we finally burnt it out so I bought the travel size one for Landon. FYI... the travel size has the exact same noise machine in it, but it's smaller and cheaper! We LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing. We used it from day 1 with both babies at nap times and when putting them down at night. There is a 20 minute and 45 minute setting. I swear this thing works like a charm in getting them to fall asleep - still to this day!
3. Aden & Anais Swaddling Blankets - I can't say enough good things about these. They are the lightest, softest, cutest swaddling blankees and they are much larger than most swaddlers, so super easy to use. This is a go-to baby shower gift for me. Every new parent needs to own some of these for their little one. And like a good wine, they get better with age!
4. Tommee Tippee Bottles - I used Avent bottles for Leila and we hated them. They leaked all the time. With Landon, we gave these ones a try and we LOVE them! If you are doing a breastfeeding/bottle feeding combo for your baby, these are the best. They are shaped the most like a boob. And I love the simplicity of the design - no little parts to clean and put together... just a bottle and a nipple and ring. And they come in some cute colors/designs! Always a plus. :-)
5. Phil & Teds Explorer Stroller - We just got this stroller and I don't know how I survived so long without it! We own a basic Graco travel system stroller, a no-name umbrella stroller, and a single Jeep jogging stroller... this one blows all of those out of the water by a mile! It is the smoothest ride, super easy to fold/unfold, and the most compact double jogging stroller I've ever seen. Awesome sauce.
6. Skip Hop Versa Diaper Bag - Love this diaper bag. It is the perfect size - bigger than a lot of the diaper bags out there, so great for cloth diaper mommas. It has two insulated bottle pockets, which in my book are a must-have in a diaper bag. I love the way it's organized and it's stylish, too.
7. DSLR Camera - Okay, so I know that this isn't technically a baby item, but I would consider this a must-have investment for all parents. We didn't buy our Canon Rebel until Leila was older and the quality of her baby photos are crap! It is so hard to capture great pics of infants and toddlers with a standard digital camera. You really need the fast shutter speed! And besides, having a nice (and expensive) camera motivates you to take more pics of your little ones. This is an investment worth every penny in my book.
8. Baby Delight Snuggle Nest - I wouldn't consider this a "must-have" baby item, but we love this thing! It is a little wedged co-sleeper bed for infants, but we never used it for co-sleeping. We would put this is the large pack n play or crib from day one when baby was home... it holds them in place at an angle (great for reflex) and I think it helps them sleep better because they feel like they are in a smaller, safe place instead of a big, wide-open crib. Also, when traveling we would just bring this thing (folds up and fits in a suitcase) and have baby sleep in it on the floor. And no matter where we were, they had their bed that they were always used to sleeping in. :-) Also, it has a light and music/white noise on it - great for midnight diaper changes!
9. A Soft Lovey - My kiddos love their loveys - little square blanket things with animal heads attached to them. Leila has a purple bear one from Target and we got Landon one similar to the one above from this Etsy store. It is the cutest thing EVER! And such great quality! He's still a little young to be attached to it, but we give it to him every night when he goes to sleep and he rubs it on his face. I'm hoping it will become his security item the way that Leila's bear blankee is hers.
10. BumGenius 4.0 Cloth Diapers - So I've only tried a few different types of cloth diapers, but these BumGenius ones are my favorite. They are spendy, but the quality shows. Over time, other diapers will get pilly or start looking "used" but these ones hold their value! It's nice to have a variety of different types of CDs, but I would recommend trying one or two of these guys.
This was FUN! I just love all things baby. :-)
Great list! I definitely agree with lots of these things... although many I don't actually have but am sure I would agree with if I did as I know others who love those items too. We don't have that sleep sheep but I have heard great things about it! Alidia has a bedtime singing seahorse instead which works for her. Love BumGenius! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you for this list! We've never used that lamb but i'm totally gonna get one for next time!
ReplyDeleteI'm dying over the fact that our kiddos are almost 1. I was ugly sobbing while putting together her video tonight. SOBBING.
ReplyDeleteAnd our lists are nearly identical, minus the stroller because I only have 1. However, that stroller cost more than my 1st car did- so...we'll see for the future. Maybe if I rock at Scentsy :)
I love A=A blankets and Tommee Tippee. I also love Nuk ortho pacifiers. V has one in like 98% of the time.
And I love Sunbaby diapers. :)
I'm just in shock about the whole ONE thing. We just had them!!! Landon never took a binky even thought we tried and tried. I think that's why it took him so long to sleep through the night. I LOVE sunbaby dipes, too. :)
ReplyDeleteWhen's the next time??? :-) I love babies! Sky needs a little bro or sis! ;-)
ReplyDeleteThanks Fiona! I've heard great things about that singing seahorse, too! I don't think it really matters what kind of music/sound machine you have... I think babies just like to have some background noise when falling asleep. Afterall, they are in our noisey bellies for the first part of their life!
ReplyDelete