Enjoying his first gift, birthday morning...
Banner made with Landon's monthly pics, paper clips, & ribbon...
We spent the day hunkered in at home baking cupcakes and getting things ready for Landon's little party. Instead of opening the floodgates up to all of our friends and their kiddos (sorry guys!), we kept it simple with just family - grandparents, aunts/uncles, cousins. There was some great food and some adorable cupcakes/toppers made by yours truly!
Look at those little Lando heads!
I got the idea for the Landon head cupcake toppers from an image I saw on Pinterest. Unfortunately, the link on the photo was no good so I don't know who to credit this awesome idea to. Aren't they adorbs?
As for Landon and his first cupcake encounter, it wasn't as exciting as I had hoped. He actually didn't even get that messy. I think he was feeling a little overwhelmed throughout his whole party; just taking it all in!
See? Just in shock of it all.
An abnormally calm little Landon in the midst of birthday chaos...
This next pic is my favorite one of the day. After the birthday party craziness started dying down a little, Landon was able to enjoy some time with his new cars (from big sis!). So precious.
After all the guests left and I was getting Landon ready for bed, the reality of the day finally hit me. Sure, a baby turning one isn't that big of a deal. But when your baby turns one, it is a big deal. It wasn't until I had a few minutes alone with Landon in the evening of his birthday that this precious day really hit my heart. He was rolling around on our king size bed, laughing hysterically (sugar high?) as I attempted to put on his jammies. I kept getting flashes of holding him for the very first time - how I wondered in that moment what he would be like at age 1, at age 12, at age 21... who he would become. The tears flowed. Not sad tears, though. Happy tears. Tears of amazement over life. Tears for this very special gift I have been given.
I love this! I felt the exact same way! And our parties looked very similar! :)
ReplyDeleteThis looks like the perfect day! I have been going back and forth between a big celebration or a small one for Alidia's first birthday and I really like a smaller, simple one would suit us best but I feel like every blog I read, they go all out for 1st birthdays so I felt bad for Alidia not doing so myself... but really, she won't care!! Better than mama isn't stressed too!
ReplyDeleteLove your cupcake toppers! :) Can't believe your little guy is one. He sounds like such a wonderful kiddo!!
Happy Birthday Landon!!! :)
That is exactly how we did my son's first birthday party--family and a couple of friends and a cupcake thrown on the floor to a cat. Ha! It looks like you guys had a nice, memorable day to celebrate your growing Landon. I love his tie. Very formal occasion. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd when do we get to see your party pics? :)
ReplyDeleteTHANKS!
ReplyDeleteI figure they won't even remember their 1st birthday, so why bother going too crazy? It's so easy to feel like we have to do all of these crazy things to prove our love to our children, but we don't. Kids are super easy to please. Really, some cake and maybe a balloon is all you need. :-)
A baby tie is always appropriate. ;)
ReplyDeleteCan't believe he's 1!! Family parties are way more my speed too, especially for 1st birthdays. And your decorations are totally awesome! Great job, momma :)
ReplyDeleteLove your decorations for Landon's birthday. How fun to have pictures of him in a garland and for the cupcake toppers!
ReplyDeleteThanks Sheila!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH those cupcakes are the cutest thing I've ever seen! Hahaha I love it! What a perfect first birthday :)
ReplyDeleteThe cupcake toppers, ohemgeeeeee! I might have to steal this idea in two weeks :) Happy birthday, Landon!
ReplyDelete