I broke my usual routine with the kids last night. Instead of getting home from work/daycare and immediately starting dinner, we headed outside. The air was crisp, the sun was just barely peeking out from between our neighbors' houses, and our yard was covered in freshly fallen pine needles.
Landon didn't quite know what to think. And Leila just went right along playing like it was still summer - wanting to turn on the sprinklers and blow bubbles.
We were probably only outside for about 15 minutes, but it was exactly what I needed. As soon as fall strikes and the weather gets cooler and it gets dark earlier, I go into hibernation mode. I have a hard time wanting to do anything. All week I've felt a little bit stressed - fighting a cold, fighting a ridiculous to-do list at work, fighting the desire to take on more than I can chew. Add sleepless nights and tension headaches to the mix and I'm a real bundle of joy.
But underneath this layer of pine needles in my life, there's still a whole lot of gratitude and an innate ability to soak up life's little moments.
We have had the best weather lately! I am the same way though, when I get off work and it is dark and raining, I can't bring myself to do anything. Thank goodness for this Indian(or whatever you call it) summer!
ReplyDeleteOk, I'm just jealous of your grass! It looks so lush and...grassy (we just have a bunch of crappy weeds). Also, totally random question that might make me look like a weird stalker but I swear I'm not--I remember a picture you posted a while back of some cute brown knee boots. Where did you get them?
ReplyDeleteI love that you get ACTUAL "pine" pine needles - I can't get to the real pines unless I head over the pass. :) We have lots of doug fir needles though. :) Happy weekend!
ReplyDeleteI can send you some if you'd like. ;-)
ReplyDeleteIt's okay Becky, I'll totally let you stalk me. ;-) I got my brown boots at Nordstrom last winter - I'll have to look up the brand when I get home. I shopped FOREVER for the perfect pair and finally found them. I love them! I'll keep ya posted.
ReplyDeleteWe've had the best weather too! It just started cooling down this past week. Gotta love an Indian summer!
ReplyDeleteI love how Leila just carried on like it was summer... and why shouldn't she? To a child there is no big obvious change that takes place when seasons change. Kids rock! :) Love the ones of Landon checking out those needles..I am sure he was thinking, "What the heck are these new things all over my yard?!" Good for you for checking out to enjoy the outdoors, even for a little while. It is so important.
ReplyDeleteWe have had the best weather lately! I am the same way though, when I get off work and it is dark and raining, I can't bring myself to do anything. Thank goodness for this Indian(or whatever you call it) summer!
ReplyDeleteOk, I'm just jealous of your grass! It looks so lush and...grassy (we just have a bunch of crappy weeds). Also, totally random question that might make me look like a weird stalker but I swear I'm not--I remember a picture you posted a while back of some cute brown knee boots. Where did you get them?
ReplyDelete