Sunday, October 28, 2012

Shout out!

Photobucket

I've always had a little bit of a tricky time making new friends. I think this stems from the fact that I grew up in a tiny town with the same group of friends from kindergarten through high school. Even when I went off to college, my freshman year room mates were my high school besties. If you met me in person, you probably would never know how socially awkward I really am. I'm pretty good at faking the outgoing persona, but inside I'm usually a mess in new social situations.

When I started this blog, the last thing I was thinking about was making new friends. Little did I know that this would be my FAVORITE thing about blogging. It has taken me a couple of years to really start getting into social media and interacting with other world wide web lovers, but I'm finally getting the hang of it.

I dedicate this post to a few of you out there who make this whole blogging thing EXTRA worth while. Thank you for being supportive of my little corner of the web!!! Not to name names, but...

Fiona @ Life Amongst The Palm Trees ~ Probably the most encouraging person I've met online! She always leaves the sweetest comments and inspires me to keep on writing. Her, her hubby, and their beautiful baby girl, Alidia, live in the Dominican Republic (a place very near and dear to my heart) where they run an awesome non-profit organization. Some day I want to go back to the DR to volunteer and hopefully meet Fiona! Thank you so much for lifting me up with your kind words, Fiona! It means a lot to me! 

Becky @ A Lazy Crazy Life ~ My blogging soul sister! We relate on a lot of levels... full-time working moms with no time for anything who still manage to consistently post on our blogs. We also both love to play around with our fancy cameras and take lots of photos of our kiddos. :-) Becky, thanks for your encouragement and for making me feel like I'm not alone and getting left behind in this crazy blogging world.

Melissa @ Completely Eclipsed ~ I don't even remember how I found Melissa's blog, but I was instantly drawn in to her witty and unfiltered words. I realized that she was writing a lot of things on her blog that I was thinking, but would never have the guts to say - ha! She's a working mom of a 3 year old daughter (with one on the way!) and has been through A LOT in the past year. She is super inspiring even though she probably doesn't think so. Girl, keep doing what you're doing! Thanks for being supportive of my lil ole blog. I wish we could enjoy a girls night out on the town together! Maybe some day we can meet up for a weekend in Vegas. :-)

Megan @ The Memoirs of Megan ~ This girl cracks me up! I can always count on her to put a smile on my face. :-) Her adorable daughter, Vivien (don't you LOVE her name?!), is just a day older than Landon so we already have a lot in common right there. She is a big encouragement for me and is one of the few people I actually interact with on Twitter (I'm still getting the hang of the whole tweeting thang). Oh, and you should totally check out her Scentsy shop HEREThank you, Megan, for reading my blog and for your always kind words and tweets! I wasn't lying when I said you made me cry happy tears the other night (drinking makes me emotional). I hope we can meet in real life some day!

Emily @ The Peck Life ~ Love her blog, love her photos, love her happy outlook on life! Emily is also a work-outside-the-home mom of a toddler and she's expecting baby #2 next spring. Yay! She was one of the first people who actually started commenting on my little blog and it has meant so much to me to have her around. Emily, thanks for reading my blog and commenting and writing such a wonderful blog yourself! I always get excited when I see unread items from your blog in my Google reader. :-) And you have GREAT taste! I always love everything you share. 

Celeste @ Our Fabulous Life In The Suburbs ~ Such a beautiful, sweet girl who is expecting her first baby with her handsome hubby next spring! Celeste's comments on my blog always put a smile on my face and I feel like we relate to each other a lot in terms of our cluelessness over our place in this world and what we want to get out of life. Thank you for your support of my blog, Celeste! I'm so excited to follow along on your pregnancy journey and throw unsolicited parenting/baby advice your way. ;-)

Thank you to all of my internet friends! I really do love my computer because of you. :-)

11 comments:

  1. xoxox! Here's the for reals fact: you are supermom, and I aspire to rock being a mom of 2 the same way you do. And I have the tendency to get stagnant because I LOVE routine, so you totally inspire me to actually pursue my dreams. End sappy comment. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that graphic!! So true, and yet again I can totally relate to you on the whole making new friends in real life thing. Which means that I will definitely be checking out all of the other bloggers you mention. Yay for making new friends, and thanks so much for being mine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww this is really so sweet! Thank you for the kind shout out, Ariel! :) It is my absolute pleasure to be here, offering encouragement whenever I can along the way, as I just love reading your posts. You are such an inspiration!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa @ Completely EclipsedOctober 29, 2012 at 4:40 PM

    Girl, Vegas wouldn't know what hit it!  What a wonderfully sweet post.  You just totally made my day and now I have to go off and see if your other friends are as cool as me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is true that as moms who are deprived of fun times sans kiddos, that we could get a little outta control in Vegas. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks once again! So happy to have you around. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also consider you a blog friend! Shout out to you, too, Rhonda! How you do it all with that adorable gaggle of boys is beyond me!

    ReplyDelete
  8.  I love me some sap! :-) I think you may have just inspired a future blog post, too! Something like, "Breaking Routine: How to NOT be Stagnant." I think I could come up with some good stuff! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure know how to make a girl feel special!!! You are the sweetest EVER!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...