Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Dog-Like

“A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his. It was really quite simple, and yet we humans, so much wiser and more sophisticated, have always had trouble figuring out what really counts and what does not." ~ John Grogan
Photobucket

I'm finding myself feeling rather blah and uninspired this week. The weather is cold and dreary and I'm fighting, yet again, another head cold. I'm home on my lunch break and was greeted by a very happy little chihuahua who danced around my feet and bathed my face in wet kisses. I let him outside to do his business and when he came back in he ran straight for our bedroom and nestled himself in under the covers.

Oh, what a life.

Sometimes I wish I was a dog. So much happiness from the littlest of things and not a care in the world. Seeing Billy today got me thinking about how dogs can be good role models for humans. I mean, take the above quote for instance. They are professionals when it comes to appreciating the simple things in life and loving unconditionally. Something we should all learn to do a little more of.

3 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with this! So often I stare at my dogs and think "Oh what a life."... they are so at peace (most of the time) and just enjoy the little things like head scratches and special treats. 

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do dreams mean:-Online shopping from the earth's biggest selection of books, magazines, music, DVDs, videos, electronics, computers, software, apparel & accessories, shoes, jewelry, tools & hardware, housewares, furniture, sporting goods, beauty & personal care, broadband & dsl, gourmet food & just about anything else

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many days when I think, wouldn't it be great if I could trade lives with Addie? Just for a day? Sleeping, eating and playing...and that's it. Must be nice!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...