Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Memories

"I think the only reason people hold onto memories so tight is because memories are the only things that don't change; when everybody else does." ~ Unknown
One year ago...
Photobucket

The mind is an amazing thing. One minute we can be looking ahead, imaging and planning for all that is to come in our life, and the next second we can relive a moment we experienced ages ago via our memories.

Earlier this week I wrote about how I've been feeling excitement over future happenings in my life. What's funny is that at the same time, this week has been one full of reminiscing. With Landon's 1st birthday only days away, it's hard not to think about where we were one year ago (due date pumpkin patch post!) and how much our life has drastically changed.

One of my favorite things about this blog is my ability to look back on old posts I've written. It's so much fun to see how much my kiddos have changed and even to see how much my thoughts/opinions have changed over time. And even better, it allows me to remember moments that I otherwise may have totally forgotten.

One year ago yesterday was my due date with Landon. I can still remember what it felt like to have him in my belly and the stress and excitement I was experiencing knowing he could make his appearance at any moment. And now? Now he's a happy, busy almost-one-year-old. He's so much more than I ever imagined (in a good way!) and I'm so grateful for the memories I have with him already and the many more to come.

5 comments:

  1. I love playing "this year v. last year" in photos.  Blogging is great for that too.  I probably re-read more of my blog entries and take another look at my  photos than everyone else in the world combined.  Ha.  And, man, how did you manage to pick up a pumpkin while also holding a 40-week pumpkin in your tummy?! 

    ReplyDelete
  2.  p.s. This was Katie from kt-the-robin.blogspot.com.  It looks like all of information didn't load.  Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I probably accound for the majority of page views on my blog, too! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much can happen in a year! :) Love looking back at the memories. This is definitely one of the main reason I started blogging. 

    PS - You looked fantastic on your due date!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Melissa @ Completely EclipsedOctober 19, 2012 at 1:40 PM

    I love looking back on old blog posts. Once I get past the horrific writing, it's nice to see how far I've come as a mother.  

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...