You see, my girl is such a sensitive creature - and a total momma's girl. And the truth is, I'm just as attached to her as she is to me. With Landon, it's different. He's such a strong, independent little guy who I hardly ever worry about because he seems to be so content in any situation. But Leila? She is my mini-me. Shy. A deep thinker. A creature of habit. I am much more sensitive to her needs because I see so much of myself in her.
So when we returned from our little overnight adventure today, I felt a little bit emotional reuniting with my daughter (who I was away from for less than 24 hours, but it felt like a week). I spent a good chunk of the afternoon chasing her around our backyard, soaking up every little squeal of delight that escaped from her mouth.
It makes me emotional to think that someday she won't need me as much as she does right now. Someday she'll be a strong, independent woman. But to me she'll always be my baby, my first born, the one who made me a mother. My girl.
This is so sweet and what a beautiful bond you share with your daughter. Even when she doesn't need you in the same ways she does now, you are always going to be her biggest role model in life and that is a pretty amazing thing to be. She is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThanks once again for your kind words Fiona! For some reason I was feeling extra emotional last night when I wrote this. :)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful! But remember to show your little boy just as much love, I remember knowing as a child that my brother was more like my mom and I knew she treated us differently. She loved us both, but still :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so incredibly sweet. I can't wait to have a little girl of my own!
ReplyDelete