All about Landon Drew at 7 months...
- That smile? It continues to melt my heart & causes me to forget how horrible of a sleeper he is.
- That's right, still no sleeping through the night for this guy. He'll have a good night every now and then and then he'll have streaks like this one where he's up at least twice to chow down.
- Landon has always had sensitive skin with mild eczema, but lately it's been worse than ever. It looks so painful sometimes. Breaks my heart.
- Since I'm on a negative streak... Landon also suffers from some pretty severe constipation issues. The introduction of food over the last 1+ month has been rough on his tummy. Any pros mommas out there have some advice for me besides feeding him prunes?
- Ok, enough of that. Constipation, itchy skin, helmet... my boy could care less! He is still such a happy little (big) man! & so easy going! Love him.
- He weighs 20.3 lbs (84th percentile, I think).
- Wearing 9-18 month clothes (and the occasional 6 month onesie that barely buttons at the crotch).
- Favorite foods: prunes (good thing) and pears. Not so much: peas and green beans (mix in some prunes and we are good to go).
- Landon still hates tummy time. Hates it. This kid won't be crawling any time soon - if ever.
- He does roll over now, but prefers to spend his time just sitting up playing with toys.
- Actually, he prefers playing with things that aren't toys. Like paper. Or spoons.
- Landon is talking up a storm! Ga Ga Ga Ga GA GA GA! He's got the "G" down.
- He also loves to slap his hands on things. Put out your hand and he'll give you 5-10-15-20-25 and so on. Or he'll slap on your chest. Or his helmet. Or your face.
- Every now and then he'll give a big ole belly laugh, but mainly he just smiles his huge contagious smile and if he's really excited he'll inhale really deeply, making a squealing sound. Love it.
- My little nuzzler. Loves to nuzzle right into you. Such a cuddly snuggle bunny.
- Loves the bath. Loves to slap the water and kick and splash all over.
- Landon is just becoming more and more fun each and every day.
Sooooooo long.
Leave me alone Mom!
Helmet Update:
Landon has taken to the helmet really well! We had one little bump in the road when he started wearing it through the night and we were washing it with alcohol (like suggested). Well, my sensitive boy had a nasty reaction on his cheeks to the alcohol. We had to take a couple of days off the helmet, apply some ointment, and let him heal up. Since then, we've only been washing it with his baby shampoo and letting it dry in the sun (when available). All is good! The downside of helmet life: the sweaty helmet smell (wet dog x1000), itchy scalp (Landon constantly tries to itch his head), and its just hard to snuggle a big chunk of plastic. The positive: we are seriously already seeing a huge improvement! Even the orthotist was impressed! I have NO regrets about doing this. :-)
And I must say that it does add to the cuteness factor!
I can't believe he's already 7 months old. Sigh.
He's so adorable!! Maybe you can try mashed avocado for the constipation? or you can mixed mashed banana with mashed avocado for a better flavour...or if semi solid foods are bothering him, you could hold off on them for a while to see if his skin/constipation is better
ReplyDeleteHe looks like a mini football player! So stinkin' cute :)
ReplyDeleteHoly crapola tht is a cute baby! I'm tempted to get my future child a helmet just so he looks that cute (minus the stinky head :)
ReplyDeleteHA HA! The helmet is cute, but not THAT cute. :) You are too sweet.
ReplyDeleteYeah, and he's built like a linebacker, too!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the suggestions!
ReplyDeleteMan, he is the cutest little nugget! Sky has eczema too...and constipation now (but not when he was a baby *i think all the breast milk kept it soft. Our pedi said to limit banana's because those are constipating but all other fruit is good, especially berries and prunes/plums/pears. We also give Sky smoothie juice (like Odwalla) and that helps. I also found that cow milk made him constipated so we did goat milk for a really long time....or cut the cown milk with goat milk.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Yeah, I'm wondering if his formula is contributing to the constipation. I still breastfeed Landon in the morning and at night, but he has formula during the day. We've been avoiding all constipating foods, but no luck. Our ped sucks and isn't much help. Looking to make a switch there.
ReplyDeleteLandon and V are identical, except that he is twice her size lol
ReplyDeleteShe has eczema too, I have to be supppper careful what skin products and laundry soap I use on her, and I.
And she's super constipated all the time too. It breaks my heart, she cries trying to poo. Pears and prunes is all that helps. And sweet potatoes have a good amount of fiber too. And I cut her cereal intake down to just once a day. It seems to help. Good thing she likes prunes, because she has them everyday for breakfast.
Poor babies.
And I'm glad that Landon likes to slap too, that's V's favorite passtime. :)
I love reading your monthly updates because the kiddos are one day apart. :)
I love reading your updates on V, too! :) Glad to have someone to relate to.
ReplyDelete