I hear a little voice calling me from down the hall. I stretch my arms and legs out and yawn - a tingling sensation runs down my body as I slowly wake up. My eyes open to find sunshine spilling in through the sheer curtains of our bedroom window. I turn to my right and check my cell phone on the night stand next to me for the time. 6:36am. I smile at the realization that it's Saturday and I don't have anywhere to be or anything specific to do. I turn to my left and my heart skips a beat at the sight of my beautiful girl and my handsome hubby sprawled out with their arms above their heads and their mouths slightly open - breathing in unison and looking like twins.
"Ga GA GA!"
I roll out of bed and stumble down the hall towards the kiddos' room. I lean over the crib to find a happy, kicking little boy in a blue helmet. How can I possible wish I was still asleep when there is so much cuteness waiting for me? He squeals in delight at my presence and I scoop him up in my arms and smother him in kisses.
After a diaper change, Landon & I make our way back to the pillowy-goodness of my king-size bed. Scooting in next to Leila, I snuggle down with Landon in my arms. As I nurse him, Leila gives a big stretch and looks up at me and smiles. She snuggles a little closer to me, hugging her purple bear blankie tight. Still mostly asleep, the hubby also senses the family presence and rolls a little closer, spooning Leila. I play footsie with him under the covers.
In this moment, nothing else matters. There is no work, no technology, no to-do list, no priorities. For a few minutes on mornings like this there is just peace. And family. And love.
It is a rare occurrence, but it is my favorite time of the day.
Beautiful!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, this moment is even calming ME down, in the middle of a hectic day! Those times are beyond precious :)
ReplyDelete(My baby boy's name is Landon, too -- so cute!)
Thank you for sharing such a peaceful, precious moment.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post Ariel! I look forward to those moments in my future as well :)
ReplyDelete