1. Catching up on gossip mags in the sun. Yep, I actually got to enjoy 20 minutes of kid-free goodness to myself, soaking up the glorious sunshine and rotting my brain with celebrity gossip. It felt gooooood.
2. Andy made cookies. And this isn't in my top 5 list because the cookies were delicious. He tried out a healthy cookie recipe he found in a magazine and the recipe was totally wrong... he followed the directions to a T, but the dough was SO dry. He decided to bake them any way. They were HORRIBLE. And when they came out of the oven and we tried them, they were so nasty we couldn't help but laugh. And we couldn't stop laughing. The funniest part? They sat on our counter over night and Leila grabbed one in the morning and ate it. Stale and all. Then she gave one to Landon to try...
3. My girl. Leila has been SO funny this week. She is not a toddler any more - she's such a little girl! She's been cracking me up right and left all week with the little phrases she's learning like, "No I got it Mom" when I try to help her with something. And yes, she has moved on from calling me "mommy" or "mama" and now calls me "mom." I keep getting flashes of her as a teenager. It's freaking me out a little.
4. My latest purchases. I am absolutely stoked that bright colors are so trendy right now. I've always been a lover of color. This week I bought myself a fun yellow necklace at Old Navy (it was like $9!) and some "Tart Deco" Essie nail polish (it is seriously the most perfect creamy coral color). Love!
5. Landon's head is already rounding out! He is taking to his helmet so well (even though it makes his head super sweaty and smelly) and we are already seeing a serious difference! I am SO happy that we decided to just go for it and do this for him. I know I'll have no regrets about it whereas I may have had regrets later on down the road if we didn't take action.
Happy Friday my friends! I hope your weekend is a lovely one!
Linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk today.
Linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk today.
So funny about the cookies! your kids look so sweet!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Landon's head is already rounding out! Great news! And I love that polish.
ReplyDeleteThanks Brielle! Love your name!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Landon's head is doing well. I love celeb magazines...no one ever guesses it of me. It's addicting!
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet little family you have! I love gossip mags too and I love that necklace and nail polish! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a great weekend! I have a nail color similar to that. I got it in my birchbox this week. I might have to give it a try tomorrow :)
ReplyDeleteColletta
I've been thinking about signing up for birchbox! Do ya think it's worth it?
ReplyDeleteThanks Jaimee! I'm usually not one to paint my finger nails, but the color has totally made me happy all week. I think I want to keep them painted now. :-)
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great week and I am sure a great weekend ahead! I really like that nail colour! Very summery! :) So wonderful to hear/see how well Landon's head is doing already. That is fantastic news... and great that he isn't bothered by the helmet.
ReplyDelete