~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
On Monday I took advantage of my lunch break to run some errands. First I hit up Shopko for a b-day gift and some supplies for a cool craft project I have in the works. Next it was off to the dollar store for a few more things. I left the dollar store with my bag of goodies and an extra hop in my step (who wouldn't be excited about spending $5 on 3 boxes of tissue, 2 packs of gum, a gift bag, and wrapping paper?). I grabbed my keys outta my purse, and hopped in the driver's seat of my car. Or at least I thought it was my car...
Why does my car smell weird?
{looks at empty passenger seat}
Wait a sec, where's all the stuff I just bought at Shopko? Oh crap! Someone stole my stuff!
But I know I locked so how is that possible?
{turns and looks in backseat, realizes there are no carseats back there}
THIS ISN'T MY FRIGGIN' CAR!!!!
{proceeds to frantically jump out of stranger's car}
Yeah, that's right. I got in a stranger's car and it took me a good 15-20 seconds to realize it wasn't mine. In my defense, this car was IDENTICAL to mine. Same make/model, same exterior/interior color, same year. And it was parked two cars down from mine.
Needless to say, I hopped in my car with my heart racing and said THANK YOU to God for no one seeing me. And then I laughed my ass off at myself. That's all you can do in that situation right? :)
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Other recent humorous incidents in my life? Here ya go...
A cubicle party at work! Yes, my co-workers & I are that cool.
Am I pregnant? Nope. That would be the wind blowing up my dress and giving me a belly. Got some people good with that one. :-)
On Sunday Leila fell asleep in the car on the way to Costco munching on corn chips. She stayed asleep as I carried her into Costco. And then she remained asleep in the cart! This is SO not my kid.
Life can be so entertaining sometimes!
Haha! I have done the same thing with the car, but luckily the car was locked so I never actually made it inside! I love that she slept all the way into costco and even into the cart. Wish my kid would do that.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it's the other car owner's fault for parking so close to mine and not locking. Ha! I seriously still can't believe Leila slept like that. She is usually such a light sleeper, so there is still hope for you. :)
ReplyDeleteHaha wow that's crazy!
ReplyDeletexo Jennifer
http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com
It's like that commercial where the lady is trying to unlock the luxury car, and her husband kindly reminds her that she drives a station wagon? Except not at all. Still funny though.
ReplyDeleteI love that she's sleeping in the cart, hysterical!