Here's what I did:
- I pre-cooked a bunch 'o quinoa the night before - just followed the directions on the bag.
- The next morning I put some cooked quinoa in a bowl and added some pumpkin pie spice (we were all out of cinnamon) and some brown sugar.
- I poured some milk on top of that, stirred it all together, and heated in the microwave.
- Finally, I topped the bowl with chopped nuts and dried fruit.
Here's the fruit/nut mix I used - from Costco...
Okay, now that I've got you all interested in throwing together some breakfast quinoa, I've got to be honest. At first it tasted really good to me, but then something just didn't seem right. I think I'm so used to the taste of quinoa with lunch or dinner - as a savory dish - that it just didn't really work for me. However, my hubby really liked it and Leila actually ate some of it, too!
I think I will give it another shot and maybe play with some different combinations...
- Peaches & Cream - with fresh peaches!
- Strawberry Walnut
- Apple Pie - applesauce & cinnamon
Or maybe I'll just stick with oatmeal. I just love all the good stuff that quinoa has to offer, though!
If ya try to make some breakfast quinoa, let me know what ya think!
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
WINNER WINNER WINNER!
Congrats to AMY ~ the winner of the Stick To Kids Customized Temporary Tattoos giveaway! Check your email girl. ;-)
This sounds great. I just got into quinoa too.
ReplyDelete