Monday, May 28, 2012

Life Lately

Happy Memorial Day! I have spent the last few days away from my computer and it has felt great! I also hardly played on my phone at all. Instead I have been drowning in quality time with my family and with myself!

Here's what I've been up to lately...

Photobucket

  • Last Thursday some of my girlfriends and I went to an Allen Stone/Eric Hutchinson concert. If you haven't heard Allen Stone yet, you need to get on it (I may be slightly partial since I went to high school with him). We had SO much fun! And it is SO not like me to go out on a work night (especially when I also have to wake up multiple times with a sassy infant). Totally worth it though.
  • I got to leave work early on Friday to get a jump start on the LONG weekend. We BBQ'd with friends and enjoyed some much needed relaxation after a crazy week.
  • I decided to save a few bucks and get a McDonalds mocha frappe instead of a Starbucks frappucino, which I was seriously craving. The verdict? The McD's version rocked my world! Seriously! Probably had a bazillion calories in it, but worth every last one.
  • I have a new found cupcake obsession. My BFF has been sampling the area cupcakeries and she's got me hooked. On Saturday we saw via Facebook that one of them (which we hadn't tried yet) was having a happy hour special of $1/cupcake. We drove as fast as we could and bought a variety. Worst $7 I've ever spent. I could have made better ones from a boxed mix.
  • My friend Ashley got married yesterday and it was definitely in my top 5 weddings I've attended. The food? A-FRIGGIN-MAZING! I seriously ate enough to feed an army and I savored every last bite. Shrimp & scallops & beef & pasta salad & fresh fruit & bread & a baked potato bar!!! The potatoes were served in martini glasses! It was so fancy. And we danced our booties off.
  • Laundry & house work. I know it's lame, but I love being able to just hang out at home and get caught up on chores. It feels so good. 
  • I haven't watched ANY TV over the past few days and I'm loving it! I never woulda thought.
Hope you all have had an amazing Memorial Day weekend! Thank you to all of you out there serving our country & my heart goes out to all of those who have lost loved ones who gave their lives to protect us.

2 comments:

  1. The only time I've been to one of those cupcake places I was SO disappointed!  Now when we want cupcakes they DO come from a box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds amazing...i love cupcakes...and good wedding food! :) Glad you are having a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...