Instagram Photo Collage Wall Initial
Well, my mom came over shortly after I created it and she fell in love. She kept telling me how she wanted it, even though a "B" really wouldn't have much meaning for her. Since Mother's Day is coming right up, I decided to make her something very similar. A photo collage picture frame!
About this project:
- I bought a plain wood craft frame for like $2 at Walmart. You can get the same thing at any craft store. OR, if you have an old wood photo frame that you want to re-purpose you could use that, too.
- I did everything exactly the same as I did for my Photo Collage Wall Initial, except that I painted the outside and inside edges of the frame dark grey first. A bright color would have been fun, too.
- This whole project seriously took me less than an hour to complete.
Side Note: I've decided that I'm obsessed with covering things in photos/paper:
example 1 || example 2 || example 3
Instead of putting a photo in it, I decided to just write a simple message. Don't you think this is a great alternative to a boring old Mother's Day card? And I'm thinking a simple black and white photo will look great in this frame. I'll probably print out a variety of options for her to put in it.
What are you getting your momma for Mother's Day? If you're a mom, do ya have any big plans? My hubby will be working this weekend, so I'll just be busy bonding with my kids and my momma. AND rocking the personalized Lisa Leonard necklace that I ordered as a gift to myself! Ha! I'll show ya sometime soon - it is awesome!
Perfect gift! Completely random side note: The initials in your frame match the five of us in my family (minus our last name). If you have a third with a J name, we'd match exactly. (Ok, I'll stop now before I start to sound creepy, ha!)
ReplyDeleteWell, I guess I'll just have to name my next kid something that starts with a J. Ha!
ReplyDeleteThis is great. I just got my Mom a necklace & earrings. Nothing homemade.
ReplyDeleteAwesome idea! Maybe one day I'll grow a pair and get crafty and try this idea out.
ReplyDelete