Tuesday, August 21, 2012

10 Months

My little monster will never be in the single digit months again. And this means that it's getting close to time for me to plan a 1st birthday party!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All about Landon Drew at 10 months old...
  • 10 months and 0 teeth. My boy is a pro a gumming down food. Just because he doesn't have any chompers yet doesn't mean he can't devour a piece of steak. Ha!
  • Weighing in at 22.7 lbs & 29.5 inches long (as of last week). Still a beast, but his growth is slowing down a little.
  • When I call Landon my little monster, I mean it. He's already a little trouble maker. He gets into everything and loves to pull his sister's and mommy's hair. He also loves to throw any and everything. The boy's got quite an arm! Baseball?
  • Still just the happiest, sweetest little guy (even if he is a monster). My favorite is when he cracks himself up (which happens frequently). He'll throw a toy and then die laughing as if it is the greatest thing he's ever seen. Love him.
  • In just the past couple of weeks he's started to interact with Leila a lot more. He "chases" her around the house and always wants whatever she has. He's made her cry a few times already just by being an annoying little bro.
  • Landon has been sleeping through the night more frequently, but it is still a special treat. For the most part he's up 1-2 times at night. He either has a night terror or just stands up and wants to play.
  • He's losing interest in my boobs. I've still been breastfeeding him in the morning and at night while he has formula during the day. However, for the past few days it's been a fight to get him on the boob. He'd rather just hold a bottle and do his own thing. I guess he's self-weaning. Makes me a little sad, but I was going to try to wean him around 1 year any way.
  • He finally graduated on from the crazy monkey/one leg up crawl and now crawls normally. And he pulls himself up to stand on everything. Still not close to walking, but I'm sure he'll be at it by the time he's one.
  • Landon loves loves LOVES to roll around on the bed or a soft blanket on the floor. This simple act brings him so much joy. Put down a blanket on the floor and he'll speed crawl over to it and start rubbing his face in it and rolling around with the goofiest grin on his face. Put him on a bed and he's even happier. It is so cute that it's been known to make me cry.
  • Words? Just a lot of "da da da da, ga ga ga ga, ba ba ba ba" and I'm pretty sure I heard him say "Dora" this morning.
  • Helmet? Still wearing it at night, but off during the day! We are just waiting on one more little growth spurt and we'll be done with the thing forever. :-)
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I love him so much - it's indescribable. One look at his chubby little face and every doubt I have about my life disappears.

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you have good pictures! I tried like HELL yesterday but Vivien kept running away from me. She has the attention span of a fly.
    Happy 10 months, Lando! 
    xoxox
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is ten months old!!  He is just getting cuter and cuter.  

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute.  I am doing cloth diapers with the one I'm about to have...any advice on brands?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for cloth! I love sunbaby diapers because they are super cute and super affordable. Check out this post I wrote for all of my cloth diapering opionions: http://www.dreamstodo.com/2012/05/all-about-cloth-diapers.html :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous that you have good pictures! I tried like HELL yesterday but Vivien kept running away from me. She has the attention span of a fly.
    Happy 10 months, Lando! 
    xoxox
    Megan @ thememoirsofmegan.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trust me, it wasn't easy. Here are my suggestions... buys a DSLR camera if ya don't already have one. Fast shutter speed is crucial when photographing kiddos. Best investment I've ever made. Then, have your hubby dangle keys in front of Vivien and make funny faces to get her attention and snap away! I couldn't have taken these if I didn't have my hubby's help. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhh.  Love our October babies.  I just did a 9 month post today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 10 months Landon! Haha I love that he cracks himself up. That must be so cute. Nice that he is starting to notice and play with Leila more... even if it isn't always so nice for her! ;) Oh, little brothers!! 

    ReplyDelete
  9. landon is absolutely adorable! happy 10 months :)
    p.s. i'm your newest follower :)xo briewww.sophistifunkblog.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...