1. My sweet hubby sent me flowers at work, just because. Before you vomit in your mouth a little over this sickeningly sweet gesture, the truth is that the hubby & I have had a rough few weeks together. Every marriage, even ones that seem perfect, take a lot of hard work. We've worked through the bumps and we're in a better place now. And now that he's sent me flowers, we're in an even better place. :-)
2. I got a new toy! I thought I could survive having two kids without a double stroller and I made it 10 whole months. The fact of the matter is that I don't need a double stroller, I just decided that if I had one I may be more likely to get out and go on more walks with the kiddos or maybe even *gasp* start running. I'm hoping this beautiful Phil & Teds will get me moving. :-)
3. A change in the weather. I feel fall-a-coming. Our 90+ degree days are dropping into the low 80s and it's actually getting chilly at night. Normally this would sadden me, but I'm battling a nasty, miserable cold this week and the cooler weather is allowing me to comfortably partake of hot soups and teas and snuggle up in sweats. Bring on the pumpkin spice lattes, boots, and scarves! (okay, maybe that's going a little too far!)
4. Bye Bye Helmet. Landon woke up on Wednesday with a bright red line across his forehead from his Hanger helmet. It was finally getting too tight. So, I called his orthotist and we decided to discontinue use. This means that Landon is done with his helmet therapy!!! A post will be dedicated to this very soon. I am thrilled with the outcome.
5. A new kind of relationship. The fact that I'm a mommy of two smacked me in the face this week. I was taking a breather on my fabulous chaise lounge in our living room while my 10 month old and 3 year old laughed and played on the floor. Their laughter, fun, and enjoyment had nothing to do with me. I could see their innate sibling love for each other and I let my mind drift off to the future... Leila crying when Landon destroys her baby doll, Landon's friends flirting with Leila, Leila driving Landon to school when she turns 16. I can't wait to watch their relationship grow. This is what makes having more than one child SO worth it.
Happy weekending friends! I hope you find some happiness and fun in whatever you have on the agenda. :-)
Linking up with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk today.
So wonderful that Landon is done with his Helmet!! I am sure he will be relived to sleep helmet-free from now on. So sweet that the two kiddos are now really playing together like brothers and sisters do! :) Ohh I love fall. We don't really have fall in the DR but I still act like we do because I love fall and winter so much. I will definitely be getting the fall meals started after this holiday... and also I love to get crafty in the fall/winter so the sewing machine is coming out! :)
ReplyDeleteI love watching my boys play together.
ReplyDeleteYay for Landon being done with his helmet. I look forward to reading that post!
Well, the lady in the double stroller ad sure looks happy, so it MUST rock. :) I like how the kids will be "stacked" kind of, so you won't be running down the road pushing a huge double wide looking trailer :)
ReplyDeleteMegan @ thememoirsofmegan.com
Hi there,
ReplyDeleteIt's nice too meet you! I just happened to be googling something or another and your page showed up. You have such an adorable family, and I LOVE, LOVE that stroller. I'm a newbie runner, training for my first 5k, and I have a running stroller for my daughter and it's the best thing since sliced bread. Good luck. Looking forward to swinging back by and getting to know you better.
http://beingreese.blogspot.com/
-Reese
A lovely post. I really like the photo at the end. Looks like scene from my living room!
ReplyDeleteAlso, I have given you the Liebster Award! Check out the details on my blog post:
http://familyfoodtravel.blogspot.ca/2012/08/liebster-award.html
Happy Sunday!Kerrie
Those flowers are gorgeous! Lucky you. And it helps hearing your feelings on having two kids. I'm terrified of that transition. One kid...easy peasy. Two...impossible! But you make it seem possible!
ReplyDeletebeautiful flowers!
ReplyDeleteHope you had a great Sunday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!
Ahhhh, you are too sweet Kerrie!
ReplyDeleteHA HA! You never fail to give me a good laugh. :)
ReplyDelete