I've noticed something in the blog world recently. There are a lot of peeps posting about how they feel uninspired to post lately and a lot of people apologizing to their readers for being MIA from their blog. This is silly people! It's summertime! We are supposed to be out enjoying real life... running through sprinklers with our kiddos, toasting up s'mores over a fire at night, and just plain feeling brain dead because our mind is in off-from-school mode. If anything, we have no one to apologize to except for maybe ourselves for taking life too seriously.
I've learned something over this summer of unplugging. We all crave the opportunity to disconnect - to relax. It is something we should try to give ourselves as a gift more often. Maybe this doesn't necessarily mean killing all ties with the outside world (i.e. hiding the cell and computer). Maybe instead this just means backing off a little... taking a day to really embrace life - a day to soak up our surroundings and not worry so much about "keeping up with the Joneses." Don't ya think?
Life is too short to not unplug in some way or another every now and then.
Linking up with Emily @ Peck Life for her "Let's Unplug" series. You can read about my June & July days of unplugging HERE & HERE.
You know, it's SO TRUE. Great perspective. :)
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. It's so nice to lessen, if not completely sever, the ties with technology sometimes. Sometimes I'll find myself up for an extra 30-45 minutes on the computer doing absolutely nothing. I've taken to leaving my cell in the car when I'm out with the hubs or Isabella just so the temptation isn't there. And summer is slowly dwindling...this is the time to savor it.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree. It's so nice to lessen, if not completely sever, the ties with technology sometimes. Sometimes I'll find myself up for an extra 30-45 minutes on the computer doing absolutely nothing. I've taken to leaving my cell in the car when I'm out with the hubs or Isabella just so the temptation isn't there. And summer is slowly dwindling...this is the time to savor it.
ReplyDelete