Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Strategy

"What do you want to achieve or avoid? The answers to this question are objectives. How will you go about achieving your desired results? The answer to this you can call strategy." ~ William E Rothschild
Photobucket

I have never been a very strategic person. I'm not good at following through with things because of this. I guess I'd rather just "wing it" in life and see where it leads me. Okay, obviously this isn't true otherwise I probably wouldn't have started this blog. I want very much to make things happen - to accomplish some of my "dreams to do." The problem is that I'm not a planner. I guess I'm lazy. I guess I just suck at strategy.

Unfortunately for me, all of the people out there who are making their dreams a reality are doing so via careful planning. Of course, there are always those lucky few who get their date with fate (why can't that be me?) and things just fall right into their lap.  However, I think for the most part those who accomplish their dreams do so with a lot of hard work and a little bit of strategy.

So what brought this topic to mind? I was sitting down the other night with my nifty new blog planner and I started jotting down some ideas and some of my goals for next week. I thought to myself, "Go me! I'm planning ahead!" And then I thought, "Why don't I do this more often?"  I guess I had a little bit of an epiphany that setting small goals, even on a week-by-week basis, is better than nothing... all of these small little goals can lead up to accomplishing the big goals.

I'm thinking even just a little bit of strategy can go a long way.

4 comments:

  1. I agree, a little bit goes a long way. I'm not much of a planner, but after taking a blog class last November, I started doing it more. It has REALLY helped me since the first of the year. I love your blog planner, think I need to check that out!
    P.S. I found you through Chasing Big Dreams. :)
    Catherine Denton

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea. I also clicked over to the blog planner post and love it! I have to do something like that, because I get so bored with what I'm posting sometimes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! The blog planner really is a great tool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could definitely use some more strategy in my life! I completely empathize with you! I'm more of a google calendar girl, but I LOVE that blog planner. Thanks for sharing & for visiting my blog!! 

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...