"A little perspective, like a little humor, goes a long way." ~ Allen Klein
I think one of the hardest things to do is take care of two little ones when you and your spouse are feeling deathly ill. Add being on vacation to the mix and it's frightening.
Yep, we got the family vacation stomach flu and it was not fun.
There was a moment yesterday when Andy and I were sprawled across the bed, moaning and groaning in pain and discomfort, while Leila and Landon were rolling around giggling on the bedroom floor. In that moment, nothing else existed in the world. We were totally just trying to survive one second at a time. And in that moment I actually felt a little bit of clarity about life. All of the petty little things that I always stress out about were nothing to me in that instant. It was purely about survival. A little taste of fresh perspective.
Needless to say, we survived. I'm feeling much better today and now we are all just laughing about the whole situation. I mean, what can you do when your long anticipated family vacation turns into the trip from hell? You can either run away and sulk about it (like some of the fam did) or you can truck it out and try to find the good in it all. We are choosing to see the humor in the situation and moving on. Time to enjoy our last few days here at the lake.
PS - We feel extremely blessed that Landon & Leila are the only kiddos to escape this nasty bug (knock, knock, knocking on wood right now). AND, Andy and I had mild versions of it compared to some of the family so our experience could have been A LOT worse. Thank you to those of you who were sending happy thoughts our way! I think it worked!
Sorry to hear you got sick, but glad you're better now!
ReplyDeleteI am new to your blog
ReplyDeleteSorry! One of my toddlers sent that by accident.
ReplyDeleteI am new to your blog and just wanted to say how muchI am enjoying reading it.
Sorry to hear that you got sick on vacation. That is the worst. It is amazing how our bodies "let go" on vacation and illness prevails.
Glad to hear you are feeling better! http:familyfoodtravel.blogspot.ca