"Wow, I really regret that workout!" ~ No one. Ever.
Image via Design By Rita K (please pin from source, thanks!)
If you know me or you've been following my blog for a while then you know that I struggle with working out. I struggle with finding the time, but even more so I struggle with motivation. Not to mention that I just have never liked working out or any form of physical exercise. Ever.
On Monday I took my first ever Bar Method class. And let me tell you, it kicked my ace! If you aren't familiar with the Bar Method, it "integrates the fat burning format of interval training, the muscle shaping technique of isometrics, the elongating principles of dance conditioning, and the science of physical therapy to create a revolutionary new workout that quickly and safely reshapes your entire body." It is serious business people!
My friend Mary is training to be a Bar Method instructor at a new studio that will open this fall. So, she has been teaching practice classes and I got to take one. Two days later and I am still sore. But ya know what? I loved it! And I loved how it made me feel afterwards. I was so proud of myself for surviving the class and every sore muscle that I still feel 2 days later is proof that I got a good workout. I am super excited for the studio to open in a couple months! It is just right down the street from my work, so I can take classes over my lunch break. Maybe I'll finally be able to cross something else off my Dreams To Do list!
I've been feeling a little bit down lately and I know it is directly related to my lack of physical activity. I'm very hopeful that my new double stroller along with The Bar Method classes will help turn this frown upside down!
That class sounds great! I've heard about it or something similar from a friend who said the same thing about it kicking her ass, but in an awesome way. I've just started doing zumba again, but this sounds like something great for me if I could find something nearby. You're lucky you've got a class so close, good luck with it!
ReplyDeleteI am exactly the same way. I feel soooo much better after a workout. Very hard to convince myself to do one but always very pleased once I have. So great that you enjoyed that new workout! It sounds very tough yet rewarding!
ReplyDelete