Monday, August 6, 2012

Law of Attraction (or maybe I'm just psychic)?

As we made the long drive to Priest Lake for our week long family vacation, I got lost in my thoughts and somehow started thinking about how awful it would be if one of us came down with the stomach flu. Not only would this put a damper on our fun, but the fact that there would be 20 of us in close quarters together means that things could get pretty nasty.

Well guess what? I either had a premonition or the law of attraction is stronger than I thought… a very nasty stomach virus is making it's way through our cabin. It is day 2.5 of Family Fun Week and it's already taken down 5 of us. Twenty-four hours of yuck. The good news? Nobody in my immediate family of four has been struck (yet). As I type this I am feeling slightly queasy, though (quite possibly my imagination playing games on me).

Oh the irony of it all!

Besides the fact that everyone is a little on edge about the whole vomiting thing, we are have a fabulous time! We are staying in a big, beautiful cabin nestled in the trees just up from a nice sandy beach. Our days have consisted of boat rides, lounging in the air conditioned cabin, eating lots of food, lounging on the beach or on an air mattress on the water, eating more food, enjoying huckleberry daiquiris, lounging on the huge sun deck, eating junk food, lounging some more, BBQing and eating more, drinking, playing games, napping, playing in the water some more, and sleeping (oh, and puking of course).

Here are some pics from our trip so far…

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Okay, now it's time for me to get back to the beach. Keep your fingers crossed that the family stomach bug doesn't hit my kiddos.

6 comments:

  1. Oh no! So awful to hear that the stomach flu has hit your group.... although great it hasn't hit your 4. Hopefully it never does because the rest of the trip sounds amazing. Love the look of that beautiful cabin and all of the other photos are fantastic as well. Enjoy the rest of your time and  best of luck in keeping that sickness away!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that sounds awesome!!! (Minus the puking, of course...)

    Completely random (and probably creepy, sorry, maybe that's what I get for checking instagram right before bed), but I had a dream I ran into you in Hawaii on a huge sand dune. Then a hurricane hit and we all had to find a house to take shelter in. There was flooding, things got crazy, it was bizarre. 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending anti-sicky vibes your way, I hope they work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks magical and I'm SO SORRY you all got sick, that is no fun!!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha Ha! Love your dream! That's awesome. & totally not creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Fiona! We are back now and the trip ended up being amazing - even with the sickness. We just laugh about it now. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...