Friday, August 3, 2012

To the lake.

Photobucket

My summer vacation is finally here. For the next 7 days I will be lounging on beautiful Priest Lake in Idaho. We've rented a huge house on the lake with all of my hubby's family. It is going to be insane - around 20 people! - but it is going to be FUN. I'm hoping to do a whole lot of nothing. And maybe some of this...

Photobucket

Photobucket

These photos were taking exactly one year ago tomorrow - back when Leila was still very much a baby and Landon was in my belly. It's crazy how much life can change in one year.

One year ago I thought my life was crazy enough with one kid.
Now I have two!
I thought of work as such a nuisance - as painful time away from my baby.
Now I value it as an escape - my me time.
I thought there was no way I would be able to balance family,
and work,
and my blog,
and still have time for some fun.
But I'm doing it all. 

Now this doesn't mean that I don't need a break. I very, very, very, very much feel like I need a break right now. This lake trip is coming at the perfect time.

I may or may not have any new posts up for a while. I don't even know if we have internet, let alone cell phone service, where we will be.

Peace out! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I know I will. :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have sooo much fun on your vacation!! Wow, 20 people?! It sounds like it will be such a blast. I hope the kiddos have a great time too. I am sure they will! I look forward to seeing photos once you are back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lake looks a-maze-ing! I hope you have a blast, drink some yummy drinks on your raft! You deserve it, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did indeed have a blast and I did indeed enjoy drinks on a raft! (def the highlight of the lake trip) 

    :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...