Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Childlike

"When we were born, we were programmed perfectly. We had a natural tendency to focus on love. Our imaginations were creative and flourishing, and we knew how to use them. We were connected to a world much richer than the one we connect to now, a world full of enchantment and a sense of the miraculous." ~ Marianne Williamson, A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of a Course In Miracles
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just started reading Marianne Williamson's A Return To Love. I'm only a few pages in, but I can already tell that it is going to inspire me. I've only read the introduction, but it already has me taking a step back and observing how I embrace life.

In the very first sentence (above), she brought up a point that I've thought about before. We are born into this world so innocent. All we know is love. It is up to our parents and the people around us to reinforce what we are born already knowing - LOVE.

Every now and then I have a flashback - a déjà vu glimpse of what this childlike innocence feels like. It happens in moments when I'm watching my kiddos roll around on the bed, laughing and playing. Moments when I sit back and watch Landon bang a spoon on the floor and smile as if it is the greatest thing in the whole wide world.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I think it's important for us to try to look at life through the eyes of a child. To remember the wonder of it all. To feel and know nothing but love.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...