Wednesday, August 1, 2012

On Saving $... and a GIVEAWAY!

I hate money. Okay, maybe I don't hate it, but I hate the issues it causes in life. Right now we are feeling pretty strapped. Andy's ridiculous student loans and a hefty mortgage payment, along with a series of unplanned expenses (i.e. Landon's helmet) and flat-out poor planning on our part, have led finances to be a little tight in my household lately. And what doesn't help matters is the fact that all the cute summer fashions are on sale right now and all the new fall fashions are just coming out. Sigh. My weakness? Shoes. Come on, who's with me on this one?

This is why I'm excited to have discovered CouponCabin. Not only do they offer thousands of coupons for grocery and retail stores, but they offer discounts at places like Famous Footwear - shoes, shoes, shoes for cheap, cheap, cheap!
From CouponCabin:
CouponCabin.com works directly with Famous Footwear and more than 3,700 other retailers to offer incredible savings on quality goods. Our Famous Footwear online coupons save shoppers $28.33 on average. Users can grab a code quickly (less than 90 seconds on average), or sign up for CouponCabin Rewards to earn points toward gift cards.  CouponCabin has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, O, The Oprah Magazine, USA Today, Good Morning America, MSN Money, Good Housekeeping and Yahoo! Finance, among many others.
I spent a little time browsing on the Famous Footwear website and added a few things to my wish list for the kiddos & I. Everything I wanted was under $50! Not too bad.

Photobucket

Sooooooooooo, how would you like to win a $25 gift card to Famous Footwear from CouponCabin? I know I would! That would pay for a good portion of those ruffled boots up there!

You can enter up to 5 times via the widget below. I will pick a winner on Monday, August 13th. Good Luck!

a Rafflecopter giveaway


Disclosure: I received no compensation for this post and the opinion stated here is that of my own. I was not influenced in any way. By entering this promotion, each participant agrees to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective representatives, officers, directors, shareholders, agents and employees from and against any injuries, losses, damages, claims, actions or liability of any kind resulting from or arising from participation in this promotion.

18 comments:

  1. Just started cloth diapering 100%. But I know you do that already. 
    We haven't been eating out, and I've been cooking at home, which is helping. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beg someone for a free daycare solution? Win the lottery? Ummmm...other than very light couponing and using our Target card for 5% off, we don't do much extra to save money these days. I think we do pretty well on our grocery bill, but we also don't opt for a lot of expensive fresh veggies (we mostly stick to frozen) and we do several meatless meals a week (i.e. black beans and rice burritos). I guess a veggie garden would actually be a good way to save money though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..I've always heard that keeping track of every little thing you spend $ on was supposed to help, but I've never actually done it myself. I'm honestly a bad one to ask because I'm super impulsive when it comes to shopping...sorry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog, Ariel! I'm a big coupon person and have never heard of Coupon Cabin, so thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband and I are in the same boat.  We keep talking about how we'll feel SO RICH once the kids are out of daycare and in school.  My best money saving tip doubles as a time saving tip as well... bonus!  Do all of your grocery shopping online (I use Safeway, but many other grocery stores have online shopping options as well).  I plan out meals for two weeks, overlapping items that have similar ingredients so I can get the biggest bang for my buck.  You can sort the items by price, ensuring that you get the absolute best deals.  Delivery is free with a coupon code OR if you purchase certain products (which I was usually going to purchase anyway).  It really cuts down on impulse buys.  Best of all - you can put together your shopping order while sitting on the couch in your PJs, which sure beats hauling two small kiddos through the grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a little bit impulsive, too. And then I usualy get hit with some serious regret and end up returning things. Well, sometimes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's my problem - we LOVE eating out! And we've tried cutting back on it, but that only lasts for maybe a couple of weeks. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We make as much as possible at home.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kid share to avoid paying sitters. Start picking clearence ailses all year and stash items as BDays/Holidays come around.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe split a dinner when you eat out? Portions are usually big enough for two at a lot of places!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I should do this myself but I like the idea of having envelopes each week for certain things, like a gas envelope and an entertainment envelope, so you have to budgt yourself before the week and stick to it

    lauren51990 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Celeste AslanyantsAugust 6, 2012 at 7:03 AM

    My husband and I have just started an envelope system, where we set aside a certain amount for five categories: restaurants/entertainment, personal care, random expenses, lunch, and shopping. Once our budget runs out for one of those categories, we are done for that pay period. It has helped SO much! And certain envelopes are filling up with extra money fast since we don't use that amount every month...so we've decided to take that extra and buy something nice for the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. YAY, such a fun giveaway. I LOVE shoes!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Before tip note: My husband and I live very simply and it doesn't cost us a lot of money to enjoy life. This may not work for everybody.

    Tip: We use my paycheck for weekly expenses and only cash his paychecks every two weeks or so. That way, they sit around and the money can't be spent on things we don't need. Oh, and we don't have credit cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The most obvious tip is to use coupons -- and match them up with store sales.  Check out one of the MANY blogs that do all the work for you!  Then, use coupons like restaurant.com, Entertainment Book, free birthday meals that some restaurants offer, etc.  

    ReplyDelete
  16. Price match competitors' ads at walmart

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...