Sunday, May 15, 2011

Living in Tulip Central

Thanks to my professional gardener wannabe hubby, our backyard is now full of beautiful tulips. The ultimate sign of Spring to me.

Photobucket

With our weekend full of sunshine (with the exception of the 2nd half of today in which there was a torrential downpour), much time was spent outside enjoying the tulips and the little one running around oozing sheer joy.

Seriously, for some reason our tulips are freakishly tall. Like taller than Leila...
Photobucket

My favorite tiger striped tulip.
Photobucket

I cannot get enough of our backyard. It is my little paradise.
Photobucket

Besides enjoying the beauty of the great outdoors (i.e. our backyard), I had a rather excruciating weekend full of one looooonnnnngggg killer headache (verging on migraine). I have been pretty miserable. So miserable that I had to bail from the annual Bowl for Kids Sake benefiting Big Brothers Big Sisters - an event I LOVE to participate in with my co-workers every year. Sad stuff. BUT, I did do one major thing on my to-do list...I almost finished the quilt!

Sooooo close to being done!
Photobucket

Seriously, all I need to do to check this baby off my Dreams To Do list is add some sort of binding around the edge (I have NO clue how to do this) and then either quilt it in some way or tie it together. I'm just proud of myself for getting this far without a pattern or any idea as to what I am doing. Go me! :-)

So, other than headaches and tulips and quilting, all I have to leave you with are some spaghetti Leila pics. Good stuff!

Hmmmm, this looks ok I think I'll try it...
Photobucket

Not too bad. And kinda fun to slurp up.
Photobucket

It would probably taste better without the snot - oh well!
Photobucket

Here's to a fabulous week ahead - with NO headaches! {I'm putting it out there!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...