The highlights (lowlights) of that weekend craziness consisted of my trip to Target and Leila's meltdown. The rest was just fluff (albeit very good, productive fluff).
I ventured off to good ole Target at 8 o'clock on Saturday night, post Leila's bedtime. I was by myself. The parking lot was nearly empty. I was in heaven. You see, I love Target. The styles, the prices. The place makes me giddy. Most of my trips there involve a toddler tearing crap off shelves and screaming when I put her in the cart. So, usually I walk away with very minor damage. As for last night, I was bad. I had the shopping high. An empty store with no hubby or toddler to distract me from buying anything I wanted. I did however go there with a mission: to get the finishing touches for a more summery feeling master bedroom. So, I steered clear of women's clothing. I did buy myself a swimsuit (it will be returned - YUCKO!) and got some cute Leila clothing, but the rest consisted of home goods. $240 dollars worth to be exact (my heart was racing and palms were sweating as I told hubby the grand total).
My precious lounging with a gossip mag on our re-done bed.
Throw pillows & lamps courtesy of Target. Duvet, Ikea (via eBay).
Sorry I don't have a before picture - I wasn't really planning on having an HGTV moment. Our room was full of reds and dark colors before. Now it is much lighter and brighter.
Oh! And here is my new BFF...
Not the cute child, the crazy pillow. That my friends is a Snoogle Mini - a pregnant momma's new best friend. It's not like those other HUGE pregnancy pillows that go around your entire body. This one allows me to use my own pillow and just use it to support my belly and lower back (and keep me sleeping on my side). Love it! (And Leila does, too!)
So, besides my crazy/awesome/troublesome solo trip to Target the only other thing to really touch on is Leila's dinnertime meltdown. Updates on the quilt and closet??? Quilt just sits there staring at me on a daily basis. I don't know how to finish the edges and I'm scared to ruin it. It will happen though. The closet is SO close to being done! Next weekend should do it!
Leila's meltdown? See for yourself.
All I did was ask her not to smear yogurt all over the counter. I'm scared for the teen years.
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!