Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Striving for Optimism

“A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” - Winston Churchill

Photobucket

Have you ever had a Negative Nancy kind of day? Boy have I! And today was one of them. You know, just one of those days where you can't help but see the negative in everything. When nothing seems to be going your way. When you just want to crawl in bed and throw the covers over your head and disappear.

I get this way sometimes and it makes me feel guilty. Even when I am so down on myself and even feeling sorry for myself at times, I KNOW that there are people, even my closest family and friends, going through much, much, much worse situations than myself. But, I think it is in our human nature to feel down now and then. Regardless of our circumstances. You can have all the money, all the friends, all the love in the world and still feel down. It's a strange phenomenon.

BUT, I always strive to be optimistic. That is actually an ongoing Dream To Do for me. When I'm having a Debbie Downer kind of day (like today), I try my hardest to focus on the little lights in my life at that moment. Like sparkly high heels in the sun! Or fresh pineapple that doesn't hurt your tongue. And little girls who say, "I lub you!"

Photobucket

Photobucket

And so I say, "Out with the bad and in with the good!"

Tomorrow is a new day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...