Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wise Words Wednesday: Gender

"Except for their genitals, I don't know what immutable differences exist between men and women. Perhaps there are some other unchangeable differences; probably there are a number of irrelevant differences. But it is clear that until social expectations for men and women are equal, until we provide equal respect for both sexes, answers to this question will simply reflect our prejudices." - Naomi Weisstein

The money shot!
Photobucket

I decided to bust out a deep gender quote today, on the day of the discovery of my next child's gender. Boy oh Boy was it a long, but VERY good day! A little man is growing inside me!

Precious little profile...
Photobucket

When the ultrasound tech put the thingy on my belly the first image to fill the screen was a penis. Andy and I knew right away. I guess my gut feeling the last couple of weeks was right! I am so happy for my athletic hubby to have a little boy to play catch with and basketball and football. Not that he can't do those things with Leila (I'm sure he will), but it will be so much fun for us to have one of each gender. I agree with the above quote in the sense that we do condition our children slightly differently if they are boys or girls and maybe this reflects our prejudices, but I also believe that there really are ingrained differences within each gender (besides the genitals). I'm excited to experience the "boy" side of things!

Little feetsies...
Photobucket

Besides finding out we are having a SON, we also learned that he is healthy and doing just wonderfully inside me! That's the most stressful part about having the first big ultrasound. The only minor concern they found was that my placenta is very close to my cervix, so I will have to have another ultrasound in a month to see if it moves up as my belly grows. If not, they will keep monitoring. I'm not worried though! OH! And they DID move my due date back to October 16th (instead of the 23rd) because he is measuring a week ahead compared to my first U/S. Wooooohooooooo! So, I am now 19.5 weeks along instead of 18.5. It's the little things that make me happy!

Say "Ahhhhhhhh!"
Photobucket

On another semi-related note, how do you feel about the name Biff Belzer? We started scanning through baby names tonight and this one just cracked us up! :-)

The 4D shot...
Photobucket

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...