"The art of being happy lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things." — Henry Ward Beecher
Today is a happy day. I found pure and simple joy by treating my daughter to her very first McDonald's Happy Meal for lunch. It is Daddy's day with her today, but since he had a doc appointment, I escaped work and hung out with my beauty for an hour.
The sheer joy on her face when I presented her with the chicken nuggets, chocolate milk, and apple slices (Happy Meals are so much better than "back in the day") was priceless. I bottled it right on up and I'm keeping it tucked inside me forever. My girl, who usually is not excited for food, was so happy to eat lunch in the car with her Mommy sitting in the backseat with her. I waited to show her the toy until she finished her nuggets, but that took her happiness to a whole new level (see above).
Something about this small chunk of time spent with Leila in our car in the parking lot of a doctors office brought me so much joy. It reminded me that it really is that simple things in life that mean so much. And it's all about the moments we spend with those we love. And maybe some greasy McNuggets don't hurt, either. :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment
I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!