Friday, May 27, 2011

Smoothie Time!

Lately Leila and I have been obsessed with smoothies. We've been having one for dinner (or with dinner) almost every night this week. For starters, you know I have a picky eater on my hands. BUT, my child loves anything fruity and she LOVES yogurt. So, if I throw a bunch of fruit in with some juice and yogurt and blend it all together I'm guaranteed a satisfied toddler. And I have become smart about it. I have started throwing in a HUGE handful of baby spinach, too. The best part is that she doesn't even know it! HA!

Photobucket

Here's what we do:
Ingredients...
1 cup of greek yogurt
1 handful of tropical frozen fruit mix (from Costco - it has pineapple, peaches, strawberries, blueberries, & melon)
1/2 a fresh banana
1 handful of baby spinach
1/2 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder
Some juice (whatever we have on hand, I like the tropical blend)
Just blend that baby up (we use our magic bullet) and you will be in healthy smoothie heaven!

Okay, so maybe the color of this one didn't turn out too pretty, but I swear it tastes GREAT!
Photobucket

Leila is loving it!
Photobucket

Photobucket

I hope everyone has a fabulous & FUN Memorial Day weekend planned! I get to go see the Broadway musical, Wicked, with my MIL tomorrow, but other than that it should be pretty low key. Hubby has to work on Sunday and Monday, so I'll just be managing the beast solo. :-)

1 comment:

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...