I missed a trip to the park with my bro's fam...
The other day our city hit 70 degrees for the first time in the past 7 months. Needless to say, we have been dying for some warm weather around here. As luck would have it I was stuck at work while my hubby and daughter got to spend the day together outside. I spent the day in my closet of an office (literally my office is an old utility closet - lucky me) feeling sorry for myself while most of my co-workers were out at "important client meetings." It was a lonely day. I did get to escape at lunch to soak up some sun with the fam, but I left them feeling even more down.
At the park with Daddy...
Beautiful Japanese Gardens...that I missed :-(
Why am I working?
What makes it worth it?
Why can't I be home with my daughter all the time?
I don't even make that much money!
I returned to work from lunch questioning everything. And craving a cold drink. Lucky for me I have an AMAZING hubby who brought me a Mochanut Frappacino from Starbucks and turned my frown upside down.
I left work promptly at 5 and spent the evening outside eating BBQ and watching Leila play in the dirt. Life really is good. And I do like my job (just not as much on sunny days). And I am grateful that Andy gets to spend a full day with Leila mid-week. But, sometimes it's just hard to be a working momma.
I'm there with you!
ReplyDelete