Thursday, June 21, 2012

8 Months

My love for this little guy is growing more and more each day. I can't believe he's already 8 months old.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All about Landon Drew at 8 months...
  • Getting cuter and cuter every day.
  • Night time still sucks around here. Lately Landon has been waking up every couple of hours and it is painful. We were thinking maybe it was reflux/tummy troubles since it seems to have gotten worse since starting solid foods. Took him to the doc for some reflux meds which don't seem to help, so I don't think that's the problem. Any good sleep training book recommendations out there?
  • On the flip side, during the day he is ALL smiles... you say "smile" and he says "how big?" :-)
  • Weight: approximately 22-23 lbs (still a BIG guy!)
  • Landon is becoming more and more active. He isn't quite crawling (he actually still hates to be on his tummy), but he will get on all fours and rock (until he falls on his belly and cries for help). Usually he just sits on his booty and somehow manages to scoot himself to whatever he is after.
  • Favorite things to play with? A set of coasters and a sprinkler head replacement that Andy bought for the backyard, but never used. He could care less about all the bright fancy toys we have.
  • His eczema is getting worse. We have two different steroid cream prescriptions (but only use when absolutely necessary). We will probably do some allergy testing if it isn't looking any better by the time he's one.
  • This boy loves to eat - SHOCKER! ;-) He just had some hamburger for the 1st time today and I swear I couldn't feed it to him fast enough (almost ate my finger off)! We'll see how this affects his sleep tonight.
  • His eyes are still the bluest blue. He's destined to be a lady killer.
  • Bath time is still his favorite part of the day. He just splashes and splashes and smiles and smiles. And then he splashes water in his sissy's eyes causing her to cry and he smiles some more. Ha!
  • I couldn't ask for a better baby (minus the sleep issue). He really is a gift from God.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. Happy 8 Months, Landon! Yayyy!
    I highly recommend "The Sleep Lady's Goodnight, Sleep Tight" book. It's really helped us with naps. He is absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lady Killer, indeed!  Oh, those blue eyes!   When I had sleep problems with my oldest girl, I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child, and while it was very...alarmist?...it also had tons of information. The one thing I've taken away from it all these years later is that earlier bedtimes are WONDERFUL.  Early to sleep means more and better sleep.  But I don't know what your current schedules are, so...best of luck, though!

    My Landon just turned 8 months too and TODAY took his first real crawls.  It's THE CUTEST THING.  Boys are just....oh my lord...so precious.  Okay, girls too.  Pretty much, I love babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These photos are absolutely adorable!!! Look at those big blue eyes!! I think you are right about him being a lady killer! ;) So wonderful that he is such a happy baby. Happy 8 months Landon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! He is pretty much down for the night by 7:30pm, so I don't think that's the issue. He just won't sleep long stretches! I know it'll pass eventually so I'm not stressing too much. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I remember when you posted about that book! I have it in my Amazon wish list right now. I just need to order it and read it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I second the recommendation for Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.  It changed our lives.  I used it for my son who is now four, and the best sleeper EVER.  Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucas has bad eczema (we've used steroid creams, too) and we had him allergy tested - came back negative :(. Unfortunately, according to the allergist, they often test negative when little. I hope Landon's eczema gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, he is just too cute!!  Hope you get all those sleep issues figured out!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...