Monday, June 4, 2012

To The Park

On Sunday afternoon I found myself sitting in the middle of my bedroom floor surrounded by mounds of laundry, a fussy baby, and a whiny toddler. I thought to myself, we've gotta get outta here. I tossed on some jeans (it was a stay-in-pjs-all-day type of day) and threw my hair up in a messy bun. After adding some lip gloss and my shades, I felt like I was presentable enough to take my kiddos to the park.

The special thing about this particular outing was that it was my first time taking both of my little ones to the park - by myself. It was magic.

Photobucket

On the way there, the dreary Spring weather told us to drive through Starbucks for a hot chai tea latte for me and a hot cocoa for Leila. It was Leila's first time getting her own Starbucks beverage and boy did she think she was special.

Photobucket

Photobucket

It was also Leila's first time on a "big kid" swing. Another first? Her first time falling off a swing. After some tears were shed, my girl got right back on up there.

Photobucket

And my little Lando? He just chillaxed in the stroller most of the time, watching mommy & Leila soar through the air. It's easy to forget how much fun swinging can be.

Photobucket

Photobucket

All-in-all my weekend was simple, but priceless. Sure, the laundry continues to pile up (once again), but so do my awesome memories with my babies.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely day at the park! :) How cute is Leila with her very own starbucks drink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks nice!

    And I LOVE your sandals!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...