Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Wise Words Wednesday: Rest

"Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under the trees on a summer's day, listening to the murmur of water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time ~ "John Lubbock
Photobucket

In my life rest is a rare commodity. I'm sure most of you parents out there can agree with me that once you have kids, the idea of relaxation - and I mean real, boredom-inducing relaxation - kinda just goes out the window. Even when we do get some time to "relax" there are emails to check, blog posts to type, tweets to read, and 455 other things that we should be doing. So really our minds never actually rest. Do any of you even remember what it feels like to be bored? I just can't even imagine.

I'm hoping this will change for me this week. Today & tomorrow I will be catching up on some serious relaxation. I've taken the rest of the week off work with my hubby and we will be sending the kiddos to daycare today and tomorrow. Do I feel guilty? Nope, not this time. I SO need some me time. We all do every once in a while.

On the agenda for the rest of this week...
  • Getting my hair did
  • Laying in bed for an obscene amount of time with a hot drink and a good book
  • Some casual shopping by myself - I get to look at whatever I want and take as long as I need
  • A massage
  • Some mid-afternoon naps (and I'm not talking about for the kids)
  • Catching up on the DVR
  • A fancy anniversary date night with the hubs
I am also planning on completely unplugging for one day this week. What does this mean? It means no media for 24 hours - no phone, no internet, no computer, no TV. I will still take pics with my DSLR to document the day, but no Instagram. This idea was inspired by the wonderful Emily over at Peck Life who will be hosting a little link-up to share our experiences with unplugging on the 20th. You too can participate! Check out her post all about it HERE.

Let's Unplug!

I hope you all can find some time to rest this week. If not, I will relax a few extra minutes just for you. ;-)

4 comments:

  1. Your day sounds very heavenly....I'm so excited for you! Thanks for joining in the unplugging too! :) I think it will be fun....can't wait to hear how your day goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your wise word Wednesdays. I hope you have a great rest this week.

    Also, if it's ok, I really like the dream list idea you have on your blog and would like to add something like that to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, please create a dream list and add it to your blog! :) Putting it out there is a great way to inspire yourself and others.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little
    blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! New Follower via email :-)


     


    http://infinitelifefitness.com


    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Thanks for leaving me one!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...